ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rule changes in April and changing of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Rule changes in April and changing of employment

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:51 am

Dear All,

I recently got my Tier 2 visa and now I am offered new job and the company is willing to sponsor me. Everyone is talking about new changes for Tier 2 are coming in April, but I couldn't find what exactly is going to change. Could you please tell me what should I be aware of If I will apply after April? How can it affect my application.

Also as far as I know in order to be qualified for indefinite leave to remain my salary should be not less then £ 35.500 a year. Should I earn this amount for the whole period of my Tier 2 residence or I only need to have such income before applying for indefinite leave?

If I apply for new Tier 2 visa with new COS from new sponsor and it is refused for some reason, will be my old Tier 2 visa still valid and I can carry on working for the old emploer?

Many thanks for your help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Rule changes in April and changing of employment

Post by manci » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 am

Eagle123 wrote:Dear All,

I recently got my Tier 2 visa and now I am offered new job and the company is willing to sponsor me. Everyone is talking about new changes for Tier 2 are coming in April, but I couldn't find what exactly is going to change. Could you please tell me what should I be aware of If I will apply after April? How can it affect my application.
the changes are usually announced mid-March in the form of a Statement of Changes which is laid before Parliament and it comes into force on 6 April

Also as far as I know in order to be qualified for indefinite leave to remain my salary should be not less then £ 35.500 a year. Should I earn this amount for the whole period of my Tier 2 residence or I only need to have such income before applying for indefinite leave?
only at the time when you apply (if it is after 5 April 2016)

If I apply for new Tier 2 visa with new COS from new sponsor and it is refused for some reason, will be my old Tier 2 visa still valid and I can carry on working for the old employer?
yes

Many thanks for your help.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Mancy,

Thank you very much for your help.
As far as I see it is quite complicated process to change the employer. That is why I have plenty of questions. I would appreciate any advise.

The company advertised my position on reed.co.uk with the help of recruting agent in December. Will it work for Labour Market Test?

How many times I can theoretically change employer being on Tier 2? Is there any limit in terms of how many Tier 2 visas can be issued for one applicant?

I have been offered the position of Marketing Manager and Editor and I am very confused wich SOC code to use. What is best to do in such a situation?

Many thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Eagle123 wrote:Hi Mancy,

Thank you very much for your help.
As far as I see it is quite complicated process to change the employer. That is why I have plenty of questions. I would appreciate any advise.

The company advertised my position on reed.co.uk with the help of recruting agent in December. Will it work for Labour Market Test?
no, please see the rules, para 297 onwards
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

How many times I can theoretically change employer being on Tier 2? Is there any limit in terms of how many Tier 2 visas can be issued for one applicant?
no limit

I have been offered the position of Marketing Manager and Editor and I am very confused wich SOC code to use. What is best to do in such a situation?
the sponsor (not you) has to choose the SOC code that is the best fit to the job description

Many thanks!

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:32 am

Thank you for your help Manci. I really appreciate that.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Hello,

My employer is going to post the job in 2 online websites - one in Jobmatch Universal and another one in Reed. Please advise if this can cause an issue.

As per par 28.39 in Tier 2 Guidance, assume Reeds.co.uk is deemed as prominent recruitment organisation in the UK?

28.39 You can advertise the job online. We do not restrict you to specific websites, but it must be one of the following;
a) The relevant government website hosting jobs advertised through the Jobcentre Plus
Universal Jobmatch service, or Jobcentre online in Northern Ireland (in some cases this will be
mandatory). For more information, please see how to carry out a resident labour market test
Tier 2 (general).
b) An online version of a national newspaper that would meet the requirements. For more
information, please see national newspapers.
c) An online version of a professional journal that would meet the requirements. For more
information, please see professional journal.
d) The website of a prominent or professional recruitment organisation.

Thank you.