ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier_2_applicant

Information

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi,

Some general information (not sure if it will be of much use to anybody):

1. I called HO last week to inquire about the status of my application. I was told that a decision was made on 12th Feb.
2. Since I did not receive my letter until yesterday, I called them again. The lady said that someone from the dispatch department will call me back.
3. I received a call today from the dispatch department. I was informed that the decision was made on 12th Feb but the approval letter has not been sent out yet. He said letters are sent out in a particular sequence and he had no idea when my letter will be sent.

My case was not straightforward - my wife was out of UK for 570 days in last 5 years. So, maybe the case needs to be approved/reviewed by a senior case worker. But I would have expected this to happen before the decision was made.

Anyways, the bottomline is - they may not send out approval letter for weeks even after a decision has been made.

TTOE

Re: Information

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:44 pm

tier_2_applicant wrote:Hi,

1. I called HO last week to inquire about the status of my application. I was told that a decision was made on 12th Feb.
2. Since I did not receive my letter until yesterday, I called them again. The lady said that someone from the dispatch department will call me back.
3. I received a call today from the dispatch department. I was informed that the decision was made on 12th Feb but the approval letter has not been sent out yet. He said letters are sent out in a particular sequence and he had no idea when my letter will be sent.

My case was not straightforward - my wife was out of UK for 570 days in last 5 years. So, maybe the case needs to be approved/reviewed by a senior case worker. But I would have expected this to happen before the decision was made.

Anyways, the bottomline is - they may not send out approval letter for weeks even after a decision has been made.
9ice info - thanks for this heads-up.

collipu

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:44 pm

I guess the info they give out on the phone is not the most updated/recent.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:26 pm

collipu wrote:I guess the info they give out on the phone is not the most updated/recent.

Why will a letter issued on the 12 Feb not arrive before the one issued on 16 Feb. 1 January applicant received his letter dated 16 Feb today 19 Feb.

HO ways? you never know.

Sonabacha
Newly Registered

Post by Sonabacha » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 pm

TTOE wrote:
collipu wrote:I guess the info they give out on the phone is not the most updated/recent.

Why will a letter issued on the 12 Feb not arrive before the one issued on 16 Feb. 1 January applicant received his letter dated 16 Feb today 19 Feb.

HO ways? you never know.
might be they send letter by postcode or surname sequence which cause delay ... :?:

vengud123
Newly Registered

Post by vengud123 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello mate i have same problem when i called last week an advisor told my application was approved and letter will be dispatched soon... this was on 12th feb , as i haven’t received any thing i called on Monday another advisor told a letter was generated on 13th feb but he said it was not dispatched yet ...... i called again today and they said my application still in progress… I was shocked!!!! when I asked about letter they told the same thing that the letter generated on 13th Feb and also said though the letter generated they will mark application as complete when the letter dispatched so as of now my application is still in progress.... :?: :?:

vengud123
Newly Registered

Post by vengud123 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm

vengud123 wrote:

Hello mate i have same problem when i called last week an advisor told my application was approved and letter will be dispatched soon... this was on 12th feb , as i haven’t received any thing i called on Monday another advisor told a letter was generated on 13th feb but he said it was not dispatched yet ...... i called again today and they said my application still in progress… I was shocked!!!! when I asked about letter they told the same thing that the letter generated on 13th Feb and also said though the letter generated they will mark application as complete when the letter dispatched so as of now my application is still in progress.... :?: :?:
BTW my application is straight forward!!!