ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on naturalisation certificate - ceremony or approval?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Date on naturalisation certificate - ceremony or approval?

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi Forum,

This is for members who have already had there ceremony and received their naturalisation certificates.

The question is the date on the naturalisation certificate, is it the date of the approval of your application or the date of your ceremony.

Sorry for the silly question, I have applied for a deed poll to change my wifes name to her married name in the passport, where I have said she is a british citizen as of today (since our application was approved on the 11th, and I was assuming that will be the date on the naturalisation certificate).

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date on naturalisation certificate - ceremony or approva

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 pm

date of ceremony will be on the certificate. she is only british after she attends the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

InUkOnHsmp

Re: Date on naturalisation certificate - ceremony or approva

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick response, I will go ahead and start the process to amend her deed poll.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!