ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Class 2 NI and Naturalisation (need immediate assistance pls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MP1982

Class 2 NI and Naturalisation (need immediate assistance pls

Post by MP1982 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi,

Appreciate your assistance on the below matter;

Me and my wife are applying for naturalisation this month on the follwing basis. My Wife initially came as my dependent at the same time and got the ILR at the same time,

Main applicant: HSMP 2 years + 3 years Tier 1G + 1 Year ILR
Dependent: HSMP dependent 2 years + 3 years Tier 1G dependent + 1year ILR

So she naturally qualifies to apply for her natualisation same time as me. She has been self employed and ontime filing a self assement tax returns and paying taxes on time. She has also been on employment and paying taxes and NI through PAYE. Today we realised that HMRC has not issued her a class 2 NI from October 2012 to October 2013. When we called them they said due to their error in the system the payment request was not sent and they will send a request in the next 10 days,

So the big question is our NCS appoitment is on this week Thursday. So ideally by next week we will have the payment request from HMRC for class 2 and we will pay it. But HMRC not issuing a statement for the period will it go against her naturalisation application? Shoudl we wait till HMRC send the payment request and pay off the amount. To be honest HMRC has not sent any demanding notices at all this all came up only after we proactively called them.

Need advice from this great forum?

Thank you,
MP

Just Wondering

Re: Class 2 NI and Naturalisation (need immediate assistance

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 am

My opinion is that you shouldn't be concerned because you've contacted HMRC and are rectifying the issue. If UKBA does check with HMRC (which will be in a few weeks' time at the earliest), you will probably have resolved the situation. In any event, HMRC has told you that this was an error on their part, you contacted them to rectify it, and have rectified it (assuming you do) - and this is what will be relayed to UKBA.

I would go ahead with my application in your position.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 am

Hi, Many thanks for your reply.I was thinking on the same lines. Yes, the issue will be rectified soon. And HMRC said this is not of any fault of my wife and they have put a adminstrativecap. I checked from my tax consultant and he said HMRC does this automatically when the selfemployment earnings are below a certain limit. Its wrong they did with out informing us. We have however requested HMRC to take the cap off and send us a uptodate statement which we will get early next week and pay off straightaway (only £138.00)

I was bit dissapointed that no senoir members couldnt provide any feedback on this and the forum needs information around this type of areas too. Saw couple of queries on this regard with out any feedback,

Thank you,
MP

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 am

Erm, I do not think you should be disappointed. People give their free time to answer queries on this board. Membership levels are given based on posts made - not because they are paid employees.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:21 am

Totally understand your point. I have gained lot of knowledge thnks to this forum. May be I was in a hurry and expected something unreasonable :) , Cheers for your feedback and time..