ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET M Bank Statements URGENT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GTLamb
Newly Registered

ILR SET M Bank Statements URGENT

Post by GTLamb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:03 am

Hi There,

I ordered Bank statements as we have stopped the printed statements. The bank didn't process the request which means I have an appoinment on the 1st March and have no statements in hand,
They have apologised and offered to do the below.

Print the statements on a letter headed paper in a branch
stamp every paper (and I am going to ask them to sign every paper too)
give a letter that the statements are authetic, the years we have been customers and mention the bank balance as on date.

Do you think this will be enough?

Thanks in advance for a prompt response.

zeee123

Re: ILR SET M Bank Statements URGENT

Post by zeee123 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

hello,

This will be absolutely perfect and you wouldn't need anything else as long as you take what u just said.

No need to worry and concentrate on the rest of the docs.

Good Luck.

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks for your response. but the form mentions below item- which is what has scared me a lot!

[b][u]Note 7 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances.[/u] [/b]If you claim that a relative or friend is
providing you with financial support (see question 8.5), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank
statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing
the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months.

Best Regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:53 am

GTLamb wrote:Thanks for your response. but the form mentions below item- which is what has scared me a lot!

Note 7 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative or friend is
providing you with financial support (see question 8.5), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank
statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing
the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months.

Best Regards
Personal bank or building society statement:
This must be the most recent statement dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must clearly show your: name; account number; the date of the statement; the financial institution’s name and
logo.

Statement on Letter headed paper with stamp and signature should be fine.

=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 am

Thanks Yasa,

I had been to the bank and have a further issue.

The banks donot do letter headed statetments anymore, they stil considered my situation as it was their mistake and printed out on the letter headed paper but the logo of the bank is on the left hand corner of the paper and the print of the bank account holder details over lap with the logo. I have still taken these as these are more authenticate than anything else and have stamped them with signatures for 3 months statements as I think thats what I need. (I am applying for ILR SET M under transitional ruls as my application was before 8th July). Some of the prints though have come on normal paper as the bank ran out of letter headed papers.(just my luck)

I have also got a one year statements on the letter heads with stamps and no signatures as the bank personnel as he didnt want to sign hundred papers.
I have got letter from the bank stating that my husband and I hold the bank accounts and enclosed are the statements for the same on letter head and signed.
Do you think this will be acceptable ?

Many Thanks in advance,

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 am

If you are applying for SET(M) you don't need 12 months of bank statements. Only the last 3 months are required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks for the reply.

But could you please reply on the other part of my query with regards to statements?

I have statements with logo and my bank details overlapped but with stamp and signature. Will this be acceptable?

Are statements without logo or bank name but bank stamps acceptable?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:27 am

As long as they're stamped and signed by the branch you'll be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks Casa but the bank won't sign them , they are stamped only! The banks don't sign any papers anymore. I got a few of the statements on letter heads but the bank ran out of letter headed paper so half are on normal white paper.

Will that be acceptable?

My appointment is on saturday and below are all the documents I am providing - do you think this is enough?

SET (M) Application Form
My Passport +Spouses Passport (with photocopies)
Biometeric card (with photocopies)
2 recent Photographs for applicant + 1 recent photograph for spouse

Finances and Maintenance (with photocopies)

- Letter from applicant’s current Employer +letter from Spouse’s current employer
- 6 month Payslips for both applicant and Spouse
- P60 for last year for both Applicant and Spouse
- 6 month Bank Statements – HSBC, Bank of Scotland (2 accounts), American Express
Due to issues with delivery of the bank statement by Bank of Scotland we have provided statements printed by a bank branch and stamped and signed by them with a letter from the bank that the statements are true copies.
- Letter from Council confirming the property is occupied by spouse and applicant
- Land Registry Letter
- Nationwide Mortgage statement

KOLL requirement
- Pass Certificate of Knowledge of Life In the UK test
- UK NARIC letter of English language assessment
- UK NARIC letter of Bachelor’s Degree comparability
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree transcripts
- Bachelor’s Degree letter of degree taught in English
- Master’s Degree certificate
- Master’s Degree transcripts

Cohabitation
- March 2012- Bank of Scotland statement
- July 2012- HSBC and Bank of Scotland statement
- November 2012 – Council Tax statement
- March 2013 – Council Tax Statement
- July 2013 - HSBC and Bank of Scotland statement
- Nov –Dec 2013 – EDF and Ecotricity Gas Bills
- Jan 2014 – HMRC and EDF Electricity account letters
- Feb 2014 – Ecotricity Gas bill, EDF electricity Bill, HMRC letter.

Marriage Certificate

List of absences from the country

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 pm

You certainly appear to have everything well covered.
(Casa, not CR001)