ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amend naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

livica
Newly Registered

Amend naturalisation certificate

Post by livica » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 am

Hi all!I have sent my certificate back to the home office to amend it over 2 weeks ago,I haven't received no acknowledgement letter or nothing from them.They haven't taken the money either.Does anybody knows how long it takes for them to send the certificate back?

unsure

Re: Amend naturalisation certificate

Post by unsure » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:42 pm

hello,

Im in same situation...I sent my request to 'correct' a spelling error on my cert of registration 6 weeks ago...they received it on 16 of January. I havnt heard anything yet. All I know is they have taken the fee back on 6 of Feb. Havnt even got any acknowledgment letter from them either.

This is causing me much stress :( i dont know what to do.

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 pm

hi there I can't believe its been 6 weeks and they haven't send back to you yet.Have you sent them an email to ask what's happening?I have sent them a email asking for the waiting times and they said it should take 4-6 weeks.Do u mind me asking what was the mistake in the certificate?Mine they use one of my surname as middle name

unsure

Post by unsure » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi,

Yeah its causing me stress..I didnt expect it will take this long for me.

My case, maybe is a bit complicated though, coz my Certificate was issued to me back in 1995 and theres a slight spelling error of my name it doesnt match my birth certificate.

Ive contacted them a couple of times...last time I contacted them was about 10 days ago. He told me I should get something from them in next 3 weeks.

I then emailed them last week and the reply was ''its still being processed''

So I dont know. This is causing me a lot of stress. I was born here in the UK and have had 3 UK passports already.

but it is strange you say they gave you 4 to 6 week time line?

With me they told me ''theres no service time standard for this type of application'' ????

opty88

Post by opty88 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:35 pm

hi, what email address did you write to. i have a similar problem with my child's certificate.

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 am

hi opty88! the email address to contact them is: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk they normally reply within 5 working days

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:50 am

hi unsure!Thats what they said it currently taking them 4-6 weeks to amend certificate,but is no guarantee.I hope you get yours soon this is so stressful.They haven't even taken the money on mine yet so I know they haven't even looked at it yet

unsure

Post by unsure » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:11 pm

hi Livica

Try not to worry so much...thats all I can really say.

Considering my name on my passport is spelled correctly...I been advised I didnt really need to amend my certificate. So I feel I put myself into a real unnecessary hassle :(

4 - 6 weeks to amend certificates..from date of receipt of from date of fee taken? That is the question?

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:14 pm

I don't know if its 4-6 weeks from the time u sent or when they take the fee,I have a open application with the HM passport(they told me to send the certificate back to amend it),I need to travel in may so hopefully I will get that back soon

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

so they are not going to amend the certificate for you?Why they charge you the fee?they should refund to you then

unsure

Post by unsure » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:52 pm

I dont know if they will amend it or not..
I was just advised by an immigration solicitor that I didnt need to get it amended coz my passport is already correct.

Im gonna call them in a week time and ask them whats going on.

It took them 3 weeks to take my payment..so for you..if it has been only 2 weeks since you sent it then id give it another week or so and ask them whats going on?

unsure

Post by unsure » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Im starting to get really frustrated and worried now :(

Its been 7 weeks since I sent my request to correct a small spelling error.

WHYYYYY????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:09 am

I know its ridiculous!! How can they take so long to amend a certificate. Have u contact them again?

unsure

Post by unsure » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Not yet...last time I called them he said I shuold get something from them in next 3 weeks. That was 2 half weeks ago.

I just doubt they wil lsend anything and I doubt calling them will help.they dont sound like they know whats going on or have updates on my request.

I dont know :( :(

Ill call them maybe on Friday or next Monday.

Have they taken your fee yet?

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am

hi!No they haven't taken the fee yet,I email them yesterday and they reply saying they can confirm its being currently dealt with and is in process.They said to contact them after 4 weeks if have not heard anything.Now it just a waiting game!!Hope you get your soon!!

unsure

Post by unsure » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:08 pm

I dont understand :(

My fee was debited on 6 Feb and cleared.

I did not even get ack letter???

Its been over 7 weeks since i sent my request to them.

What do i do?? :(

opty88

Post by opty88 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 pm

thank you livica. I sent the email on wednesday, got reply same day and i received the amended certificate today

livica wrote:hi opty88! the email address to contact them is: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk they normally reply within 5 working days

livica
Newly Registered

Post by livica » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:39 am

hi! I am so happy for you!I have just received mine too,it only took 3 weeks and they haven't charged me so I am really happy!

opty88

Post by opty88 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:39 pm

I didnt pay either. i think i've paid enough money already
livica wrote:hi! I am so happy for you!I have just received mine too,it only took 3 weeks and they haven't charged me so I am really happy!

Ahem

Post by Ahem » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

So if the error is on their side, then you don't need to send the payment slip or did you guys send it but did not get charged ?

Ahem

Post by Ahem » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:02 pm

opty88 wrote:I didnt pay either. i think i've paid enough money already
livica wrote:hi! I am so happy for you!I have just received mine too,it only took 3 weeks and they haven't charged me so I am really happy!
So if the error is on their side, then you don't need to send the payment slip or did you guys send it but did not get charged ?

puhcho83
Newly Registered

Post by puhcho83 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Hello guys,
Three weeks ago we sent our certificates back to Home office for amendment because of course of incorrect details. No acknowledgment letter, sent them e-mail, 5 days later no reply. Do you know any other way of contacting them or how long takes to send to certificates back to us this time of the year! Thanks

john.daddy333
Newly Registered

Post by john.daddy333 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 pm

puhcho83 wrote:Hello guys,
Three weeks ago we sent our certificates back to Home office for amendment because of course of incorrect details. No acknowledgment letter, sent them e-mail, 5 days later no reply. Do you know any other way of contacting them or how long takes to send to certificates back to us this time of the year! Thanks
I'm in the same situation. Heard nothing so far (been nearly three weeks now). I've read few posts about first hand experience on the issue and it seems the waiting time is varying from 3 weeks to 3 months (although I've not seen anyone done it recently so it may be even longer now). Please update if you hear from them. Thanks.

puhcho83
Newly Registered

Post by puhcho83 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:26 pm

I will update, planing to give them call next week or contact my local council for help. The have to wake up, it's just simple to print new certificate!

puhcho83
Newly Registered

Post by puhcho83 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Called Home Office 2 days ago, they told me amendment take up to six weeks. Ridiculous!!! Sent our certificates on 8th of October, book them in on 13th - so we have to wait for them around 21/11. Hope to get them earlier! This is for now. Will update when we get them! Take care!