ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help! online passport application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jessiegre
Newly Registered

help! online passport application form

Post by jessiegre » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:08 pm

hi i am about to apply my first British passport from outside UK, therefore I have to use the online application form. Everything else is fine, but very confused with the countersignature. The countersignatory could sign the photo, but how can anyone countersign an online application form?

Will he receives my online application form by email, then print, sign and post it? At the same time, I post my photo with his signature?
I filled in the online application form to the stage of payment, but nothing is mentioned about the countersignature or interview yet... Hope to get a better idea before making the payment.

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

p2kin

Re: help! online passport application form

Post by p2kin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:12 pm

When you fill online information, they'll post you form with all your filled information, you take that form to countersignatory along with one photo at the back of which countersignatory needs to write/sign.

Process is very slow.. I'd suggest, go to post office & get the form from there.

jessiegre
Newly Registered

Post by jessiegre » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks, p2kin. However, as I am applying from outside the UK, I was told I have to apply online. When I checked the website end of last year, they only accept paper application. Now the system has changed and they only take online application!!!

So they will post the form to me with my filled information. And I have to fly back UK to get someone to countersign it after receiving the form (as I moved out of UK last year and I do not know qualifying person in my current living country for longer than 2 years yet...)

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:38 pm

There is provision if you are outside UK about getting some one counter sign your application.

Check this one https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

If you still have questions, best place to get info is Adviceline.