ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tref123
Newly Registered

English requirements

Post by Tref123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi All

For the knowledge of english/life in the UK section (1.22) of the AN form.

I have already passed my Life in the UK test, which was required for my ILR application last year.

What is the quickest way to get the certificate showing I have obtained a speaking and listening qualification in English at a B1 CEFR level?

I am proficient in English and do not wish to attend a prolonged course, I just want to sit the exams.

Many thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: English requirements

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 pm

You can do PET exam which is almost 3 hour exams or GESE grade 5 exam only 10 mint exams .both test not need any course just sit for exam
ss

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 am

GCSE grade 5 is your best bet.

There are plenty of colleges around who do these exams at least 4 times a month.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jazz

Simha
Newly Registered

Post by Simha » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:58 am

Hi Tref,
You can also write IELTS, but as other mentioned GCSE grade 5 is easy bet.

Also if you have graduation from your country then you can check in PBS calculator if UK NARIC recognises your degree, then take a print out of that points and submit your application along with PBS print out and your original degree.