ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR English Assessment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaxjig
Newly Registered

ILR English Assessment

Post by jaxjig » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Guys, I am currently holding Tier 2 ICT and I am eligible for ILR in couple of months.

I have couple of questions about English Assessment.

1. While reading thru forums, I understand I would need Naric certification of Statement of Comparibility to prove my degree is with UK standards. I dont need to go for NARIC English Assessment. Can you please confirm ?

2. I have read most of the forums and I am trying to understand where can I check if my university/ Degree is one of the listed one in Point Based Calculator.

A year back during my extension, I referred link that use to calculate 10 points for English based on the selection of University/ course and my university was listed. Now when I open the link from offical site as below, it comes up with application of Visa, and doesnt give option of checking universities. The only option suitable to me while confirming 10 points for English is I proved english assessment in my previous extension application. Can you guys please help with the below.

taught or researched in English
a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English[/i]

Request for your help.

Thanks