ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French citizen / tunisian spouse to enter UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lmbldn
Newly Registered

French citizen / tunisian spouse to enter UK

Post by lmbldn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 am

Hello everybody,

I would like your help and although this board has proven very helpful through various topics I didn't find something matching my situation exactly and I would feel safer confirming a few things. Here is my current situation

I am a French citizen, having lived and worked in the UK for the 5 past years (registered at the french consulate, uk address on my french passport, don't know if that helps). I am getting married with my Tunisian partner in her country very soon, and will receive transcription of the mariage certifcate soon after it.

After this (end of August/beg of September, I should then have all necessary paperwork), I will go back to London and would like to bring her home with me. I have read about family permits and 1A stamps, I was thinking of going for the latter as this would be quicker (especially because I don't think it will be very helpful to apply with a tunisian marriage certificate so I need to wait for the French transcription. Maybe I'm wrong ?)

We will be in France together in August (she will just apply for a short term visa for Schengen which is easy to obtain, UK visa is really hard for Tunisian citizens)

From what I understood we can just go to Calais and request the stamp at the UK border office, showing passeports + marriage certificate. Is there any more documents that we should provide to be on the safer side ?

Do we need to prove common residency, as this is not the case because we have not lived together yet.

How much does this stamp cost, and can it be refused, on which ground ?

Once established in the UK can she apply for a residency card so she can take the plane when going back home ?

If you have any advice it is very welcome, in the meantime thanks in advance for all help that you can provide.

missfof9
Newly Registered

Re: French citizen / tunisian spouse to enter UK

Post by missfof9 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54 am

Salut,

J'ai jamais entendu parler d'un stamp pour rentrer au UK! Je penses que dans ton cas un family permit serais la solution. Si vous êtes maries je suppose qu'un certificat de marriage tunisien feras l'affaire.

Pour le family permit vous n'avez pas besoin de prouver que vous habitez ensemble car c'est un permit pour qu'elle puissent te rejoindre au UK, toi etant son sponsor tu doit montrer que tu pourras la supporter financièrement etc...

Je penses que tu peux appeler UKBA pour te renseigner sur les documents a fournir.

Surtout il faut faire la transcription au consulat de France, comme ca apres 5 ans de marriage elle pourra demander la nationalité francaise.

lmbldn
Newly Registered

Post by lmbldn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

Salut,

Merci pour les infos sur le family permit, en revanche le "1A stamp" existe bel et bien.

Je vais appeler UKBA egalement

Merci

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 am

can you pls post in english so that other forum members can also benefit from responses/advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lmbldn
Newly Registered

Post by lmbldn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:50 am

Yes true :

missfof9 was saying she never heard of a stamp to come into the UK, and that a family permit would be the solution. She also stated a tunisian marriage certificate should be eligible as a valid document to make the request, and that we don't need to show previous common residency, but that I should be able to demonstrate that I can financially support her (which doesn't seem to be mentionned in the UKBA website)

I just replied thanking her and saying I was sure the 1A stamp existed but don't know if it applies to my case - I will try and call them but any help is welcome.

Here is the translation then, sorry about the inconvenience !

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Your wife should be able to enter at Calais and get a code 1A stamp. Just be patient as it could take some time.

As you already live in the UK for more than 3 months, you will also need to provide evidence of treaty rights namely recent payslips (if employed). Marriage certificate (translated if not in English) should all that is required.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

lmbldn
Newly Registered

Post by lmbldn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks Jambo.

Yes I have been working full time for the past 5 years so will be able to provide payslips.

When you refer to the marriage certificate being translated in English how should I proceed ? Can I translate from the Tunisian certificate or do I have to wait for the French transcription ? I was just thinking since I will ask for entry on the basis of being an EEA citizen I should proved the certificate from a EEA country.

Also, my wife will get a visa to France to enter through Calais, will that not be a problem that the visa has expired when she returns at some point ?

lmbldn
Newly Registered

Post by lmbldn » Wed May 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello,

Just an update on the above. We got married in May in Tunisia and sent the documents for a transcription in the French registers...

Now I am trying to apply for a family permit (if it fails then we will go ahead with the stamp), and just have a few questions :

- I am using the VIsa4UK website, which category of visa to I need to apply for ? Setllement ? Visit ?
- Can I use a certified translation of the Tunisian wedding certificate or do I need to use the French one once received ? If so Do I still need a crtified tranlation ?
- The family permit : on some (.gov.uk) web pages it says you don't need to renew it everytime you leave the UK, on some other (official as well), it says you do. I am a bit confused... does anyone know ?

I have been living and working in the UK for 5 years and the plan is for my wife to join and settle permanently or at least for a few years...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

lmbldn
Newly Registered

Post by lmbldn » Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Would anyone have an idea ? :(