ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Office Check & Send requesting for biometric card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post Office Check & Send requesting for biometric card

Post by lizrich002 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 am

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I stopped by at Stratford Post Office this morning to send off the passport applications for myself and my husband.

The lady checking looked at my old and current passports and checked the vignettes. She then asked if the last grant of leave, ILR, was on a biometric card so I said yes. She went on to say that I need to send the biometric card with the application.

I told her that the passport guidance does not say so, she then went on about sending it like that and making a note that they advised me to send it but I refused.

I just left with my application.

So was I right or was she right? Did anybody send their biometric cards with their passport application?

I am probably going to post it myself now as she did me the favour of checking one of the forms first before checking the passports and she didn't raise any issues.

Thanks for your help as always.

p2kin

Re: Post Office Check & Send requesting for biometric card

Post by p2kin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:21 am

It happened with me too.. have read through

In my opinion, If you can make sure that you filled form correctly without any rubbing/mistakes, it will be best to send it yourself by next day secured service, PO C&S is just waste of money if you are bit careful.. ask questions on this forum/topic if you have any...

I've had same trouble with PO C&S service, they insisted on having biometric card.. I refused it & said if I'm a citizen with naturalisation certificate, then there is no need of it for my passport.