ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this love doomed?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zucker
Newly Registered

Is this love doomed?

Post by Zucker » Tue May 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi guys. I am a South African passport holder and have a residence permit for Germany, wanting to move to Rep of Ireland.
Easy? Well no. :(
I’ve been married to a German citizen for the past two and a half years, hence my residence permit. The last year only, have been spend living in Germany. My husband and I have been living apart for months now. Nobody knows yet as I’m scared of being chucked out the country and he is nice enough to keep quiet.
The first lot of questions which I can’t seem to find an answer to is this: As a condition for my permit, I’m not allowed longer than 6months out of the country. Does this mean I can leave, work in Ireland and just return for a day or two every 6months?
How soon am I able to apply for my EU passport as this would be my best option? They say you have to be 3yrs living in the country, isn’t there a law I can use to take into account the nr of years I’ve been married, meaning another 6months and I can apply for my passport? If the above scenario is a no go, it means another 2yrs wait, and probably another one waiting for my application to go through. Too long!

Now the Ireland part of things….we all know the monster laws Ireland have with divorce and the guy I’m wanting to be with wont be marrying me any time soon because of that. Lol. If we count on that, it means 4yrs wait. Also too long.

We have been wrecking our heads trying to find a faster way, even thinking to fall pregnant or to use my artistic skills for a special application, but that would limit my ability to integrate in the work market. From what I’ve seen with work permits, there are so many other people who gets in line first before the job may be offered to a non EU, I’m not even sure if it is worth trying that route.

Does anybody know of anything that I haven’t thought of yet? We are going broke with all the back and forth traveling to see each other.

Many thanks

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:24 pm

Love rules without rules

Immigration rules only with more stupid rules

I can understand ur situation its frustrating if ur husband is in ireland why dont u move here ?

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zucker
Newly Registered

Post by Zucker » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:00 pm

Thanks Plaasjapie,

Im going to look into it :wink:
Runie, :lol: my husband lives in Germany.

Static, wont u tell us how u done it?

Something that you guys might find interesting, I´ve been in contact with the people from immigration, they say as long as I come back once every six months to get a stamp in my passport I wont loose my residency permit...yahoo