ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) document checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anniecc

SET(M) document checklist

Post by anniecc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm doing my ILR next week at Croydon - form SET(M) as unmarried partner of British citizen, no dependents.

These are the supporting documents we have put together:

Booking/payment form for PEO appointment
Passports - applicant and sponsor
Applicant's BRP
6 months payslips- applicant and sponsor
6 months bank statements -applicant and sponsor
Savings account statements
2x passport photos for applicant
1x passport photo for sponsor
Divorce certificate from sponsor's previous marriage
Life in the UK test pass

For cohabitation evidence:
Original tenancy agreement (from 2009) and annual renewals for 2012-13 and 2013-14.
2x gas bills in joint names
2x letters from a charity we support in joint names
2x credit card statements in applicant's name
1x letter from financial investments company in applicant's name
1x letter from GP in applicant's name
1x letter from hospital in sponsor's name
1x letter from insurance company in sponsor's name

1) Is anything missing? I've heard people talk about getting letters from employers, P60s and the like, but is this required for SET(M)? Also, when I was going for FLR(M) we were a bit paranoid and provided lots of evidence to prove the relationship - such as photographs, personal letters etc, but am I right in thinking it's best to keep it simple this time?

2) I am confused by the requirement to provide photocopies. Do we need to copy everything, including the passports?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) document checklist

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Your documents must cover 2 years, either in joint name or individual name at same address, roughly docs for every 4 months.

What about the English Language Level B1 requirement?

You don't need personal letters or photos of you together.

Photocopies are required/preferred.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 pm

to CR001 HI i,m just need to know something about the document covering 2 years if i say my wife granted visa in 17 September 2012 she came to the uk in 19 November 2012 the first joint and single proof of address for her was on December 2012 and she may apply for ilr (set M) ON October 17 2014 28 days before completing 2 years in this country automatically its under 2 years for documentation proof of address its that will be problem ? thanks for your help guru
Application submited:24-05-2012
Arrived at visa section:25-05-2012
email recived from ukba decision made on 17/09/12
visa stamped 18/09/12
visa collected 20/09/12

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 am

I had photocopies of almost all the documents A to Z even bank statement were photocopied both sides.. at PEO they will not ask for any photocopy..in fact i asked visa officer to take bundle of photocopies but he refused...he replied if they need any they can do it on their office photocopier. so with my experience NO Photocopies..

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 am

hamadauk123 wrote:to CR001 HI i,m just need to know something about the document covering 2 years if i say my wife granted visa in 17 September 2012 she came to the uk in 19 November 2012 the first joint and single proof of address for her was on December 2012 and she may apply for ilr (set M) ON October 17 2014 28 days before completing 2 years in this country automatically its under 2 years for documentation proof of address its that will be problem ? thanks for your help guru
she came after 28 days of her visa stamped so her time started from 19 November 2012 with old rules..earliest date to apply is 28 days before the date she landed 2 years ago which will work out as 24th of October 2014 (be on safe side), its not gonna be a problem whatsoever..your just have to work out in the way that letters will spread over 2 years equally to make it 6 joint or 12 individual letters or mix of these...hope it will help

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

CR001 wrote:What about the English Language Level B1 requirement?
I am a national of a majority English speaking country, so I had understood I don't need to provide anything further?

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm

saaz_pak wrote:I had photocopies of almost all the documents A to Z even bank statement were photocopied both sides.. at PEO they will not ask for any photocopy..in fact i asked visa officer to take bundle of photocopies but he refused...he replied if they need any they can do it on their office photocopier. so with my experience NO Photocopies..
Yes I have heard the same thing from other people. It's a bit frustrating to have to go to the effort of photocopying all the documents if they're just going to ignore them on the day.... however I'll probably do it because it's better to be safe than sorry.