ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP in Mumbai-Flight in a few days!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

tavish911

Lost BRP in Mumbai-Flight in a few days!

Post by tavish911 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 am

Hi

As of yesterday I lost my visa. Some bad luck as I always keep it at home but I needed a photocopy and I carried it in my wallet which I lost.

I have informed the UK BA on their email address designated for the purpose and I have applied for a one-time lost brp visa, and my appointment is in Mumbai BKC on Tuesday 18th March. My return flight to London is on 22nd March 0300 (pretty much 21st night).

What are the chances I get it in time? What do I need to carry to the VFS office?

And how bad is this process to get another once Im back in the UK?

This is a very rare vacation for me and its become a nightmare :(

Any advice is much appreciated

WP2008
Newly Registered

Re: Lost BRP in Mumbai-Flight in a few days!

Post by WP2008 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:15 am

Do you have a photocopy? Picture?

I recently travelled outside UK to Europe without BRP by mistake, but was able to get in with a photocopy I always have with me.

Note 1: I did not lose my BRP, it was at home all along

Note 2: as long as you are genuine, you may be ok at Uk immigration but be prepared for a long and lengthy inquest when you try to depart India. This is where you may find most trouble as the authorities are very strict about rules. You may not be allowed go travel if you don't have a replacement visa/BRP.

tavish911

Re: Lost BRP in Mumbai-Flight in a few days!

Post by tavish911 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:05 pm

I have a photocopy but obviously I need a one-time visa.

I have read the procedure, and as per that I have reported the loss to the UK BA who have immediately canceled that work permit. Which means that now even if I find it its useless.

I have then booked an appointment at VFS for a one time visa, paid £75 for it. Then I have to go to UK and apply for a replacement for anther £35.

Now the important bit. Flight on friday, appointment on Tuesday. So my first question is HOW LONG DOES THIS THING TAKE???

And next, what do I need to carry? Any tips? I cannot mess this up!

thanks again