ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unusual case-Chances of BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR_15
Newly Registered

Unusual case-Chances of BC

Post by ILR_15 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on ILR and due to apply for British Citizenship in Feb 2015.

I received a further notice charge of £295 from Magistrate Court Manchester. From my memomry the only problem I ever had since I arrived to UK was when I was studying at Manchester in Nov 2006, I was caught driving an expired Indian driving licence( which I wasn’t aware that it was expired) + driving an uninsured car (both were at the same incident). IN10+LC20

The police stopped and did a few checks and asked me to leave the car and go. I relocated to London Since 2007 never heard anything from court/police/DVLA since then. Now my problem is I have no idea what happened after the incident and also if there are/were any pending charges on me or my license, I was quite surprised to see the letter from the court asking me to pay the fine after 8 yrs, which I ignored and this is now gone to bailiffs. I am happy to pay the charges before I go to BC, but do i really need to pay that as now its been increased to £600.

I never declared it as a conviction neither in my Tier 1 extensions nor for ILR as i am not sure what happend post incident.

I hold a Provisional Licence since 2011 and don’t have any points in it.

What are my chances of getting BC in Feb 2015, and do I need to declare my offense , if so what shall i mention as I do not remember the exact month/yr when this happened. Also not sure if this was any conviction as per their records.

When approving BC does UKBA do any further checks which they don’t do for ILR??

Also since this incident happened in 2006(8yrs) , does UKBA care for your convictions/fines for such a long history when i was on student visa.??

Any suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated. Also if there is any way to find out like CRB(Enhanced) or any further checks which UKBA does to make a decision with BC application.

Thanks

ILR_15
Newly Registered

Re: Unusual Case-Chances of BC

Post by ILR_15 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Hello Senior,

Can someone please help with my query below.

thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Unusual case-Chances of BC

Post by milan69 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 pm

One of the first things UKBA does is check police record of the applicant.
I am sometimes wrong.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Unusual case-Chances of BC

Post by navalaviator » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Do a Subject access request at your local police station and you will have a clear picture of what exactly is stored about you on the systems. :)