ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name and AN application!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spike_UK

Change of name and AN application!

Post by spike_UK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi guys, I want to thank you all in advance for your time.
I have recently changed my name and I have deed poll certificate which I will include, I'm filling application with my new name but not sure to fill:

1.7 Name at the birth if different from above. ( If the name you have given are different or spelt differently from the name shown on your passport, please explain on page 15)
OR
1.8 If you are or have been known by any name or names apart from those mentioned above, please give details here.

My name on my passport is still old one.

I have filled 1.8 but I'm not sure if that is correct, can someone please help me and if is 1.7 correct, can I just cross 1.8 with a pen or do I have to fill a new application?

Many thanks guys.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

chrisonzen

Re: Change of name and AN application!

Post by chrisonzen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm doing the same thing. I called the passport agency and asked them how I can get my British passport on my new name and they told me that I have to apply for Naturalisation with my new name so the certificate can be on my new name as well. After that the passport is easy. I hope this helps :)