ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Usually we call HO, today HO called me

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bachy
Newly Registered

Usually we call HO, today HO called me

Post by bachy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 pm

I applied on 25th Jan through NCS and I'm still waiting for approval.

Lunch time today, I was minding my own business and suddenly got one of those "withheld" calls that makes you think it must be either an insurance scam or an injury lawyers no win no fee ad. However the lady said she's from HO, and asked if I applied for BC. Then she asked what is my birthday, because the "1" on my form looks like "2". She told me she is looking into my case now, soon I will hear from HO.

No idea my handwriting was so bad LOL. Anyone else here got contacted by HO?

zeezee810
Newly Registered

Re: Usually we call HO, today HO called me

Post by zeezee810 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:46 am

Hi,

Always possible. I once received an email from from the home office asking for documents which I forgot to send. They gave me 3 days to send it which I did and got my visa.

So the answer to your question is Yes.

Best of luck

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:11 am

Correct, you can get called if the caseworker needs just a simple & straight forward clarification from you. My wife was called on the day our approval decision was made by our caseworker again for clarification of her maiden name, if she wants it to be on her BC certificate.

hina zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by hina zaheer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:35 am

I requested for return of my documents and than I cancel the request so after three days ho contacted me n asked me whether I still need my documents or not