ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by saeedusman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Everybody,

Have already re-applied general UK visitor visa for my relative from Pakistan. Last month it was rejected and this month reapplied with extra documents.

The application just received email from " 3G Un-Cleared " " abdhavisainfo@fco.gov.uk" that your application has been resolved and will be shortly returned to our commercial partner.

Does that mean if it granted or refused again?
Last month when she was refused, she did not got any email like this.

But I can see there is big change in Gerry,s and home office websites, and if this is the new processes of informing the applicants.

It was a lot easier to understand if it was written that your visa has been granted, as I can see many people on forums they received these kind of "visa issued" emails when decision was made. But none of them yet received any email saying " the application has been resolved "

Kindly guide as we have booked confirm ticket for this Friday 28. We have to book before to sent this confirm return ticket with application.
Now I'm confused if she should move the ticket date forward or just keep it as it is? Just a matter of cancelling the ticket in case visa is not granted and have to loss big amount in cancellation.

Thanks for your replies and comments.

decentbloke
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by decentbloke » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:53 am

so did you get it then? or did resolve mean you have to reapply

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:05 am

decentbloke wrote:so did you get it then? or did resolve mean you have to reapply
Got the visa granted.

Regards,

Mshahzaib
Newly Registered

Post by Mshahzaib » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm

I applied for family visit visa for uk along with my mother inorder to see my sister. I got an email saying your application has been resolved now i am confused what does this mean? Either the visa is granted or refused. My friends who got the visa got email stating your visa has been issued? Help inform me asap

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Mshahzaib wrote:I applied for family visit visa for uk along with my mother inorder to see my sister. I got an email saying your application has been resolved now i am confused what does this mean? Either the visa is granted or refused. My friends who got the visa got email stating your visa has been issued? Help inform me asap
Not sure to be honest. But I think more chances it should be granted :)
Keep praying.....

Regards,

Mshahzaib
Newly Registered

Post by Mshahzaib » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm

I wanted to know what happened in your scenario ? You got the same reply right? Did you get the visa or not?

student_visitor
Newly Registered

Post by student_visitor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi all. Got a similar email today and the status also says "processed app returned to AC". How much more time would I generally need to wait for the docx to arrive and collected. Any ideas. Thanks

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Mshahzaib wrote:I wanted to know what happened in your scenario ? You got the same reply right? Did you get the visa or not?
Got the visa

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

student_visitor wrote:Hi all. Got a similar email today and the status also says "processed app returned to AC". How much more time would I generally need to wait for the docx to arrive and collected. Any ideas. Thanks
We received in two days time after this status. Just go straight for collection ONLY when it says ready for collection.

student_visitor
Newly Registered

Post by student_visitor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks saeedusman :)

student_visitor
Newly Registered

Post by student_visitor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 am

Hi all. Received my visa today after two days since the email was sent. Seems like this is the new norm of informing applicants that they have been granted a visa. But please do share if somebody doesn't get one after receiving application resolved email.
Thanks

UK2013A
Newly Registered

Post by UK2013A » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi All,

My mother's family visitor visa;
I submitted an online visitor visa form from UK on 21st March 2014
Appointments at Gerrys office in Pakistan 25th March 2014
I had a call from HO on 31st March - checking if the sponsor is genuine
got the email saying case is resolved on 8th April
My brother had call from Gerry's on 10th April to come and collect the passport
Passport collected today 11th April - VISA GRANTED - Happy days :)
Regards

sweeti

Post by sweeti » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am

UK2013A wrote:Hi All,

My mother's family visitor visa;
I submitted an online visitor visa form from UK on 21st March 2014
Appointments at Gerrys office in Pakistan 25th March 2014
I had a call from HO on 31st March - checking if the sponsor is genuine
got the email saying case is resolved on 8th April
My brother had call from Gerry's on 10th April to come and collect the passport
Passport collected today 11th April - VISA GRANTED - Happy days :)
Regards

can u plz tell me which city u applied?my mother applied for general visit visa 21st march from karachi and still waiting..no email update from gerrys so far and gerrys website tracking not working..i m confused

UK2013A
Newly Registered

Post by UK2013A » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:20 pm

We did it from Karachi as well.
You don't have to worry - I think their normal processing time is 3 to 4 weeks and in some cases may be longer.
But it also depend on individual circumstances - some are straight forward and some may not be - so that's why they usually take a bit longer.

UmarSid
Newly Registered

Post by UmarSid » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:05 am

saeedusman wrote:Hi Everybody,

Have already re-applied general UK visitor visa for my relative from Pakistan. Last month it was rejected and this month reapplied with extra documents.

The application just received email from " 3G Un-Cleared " " abdhavisainfo@fco.gov.uk" that your application has been resolved and will be shortly returned to our commercial partner.

But I can see there is big change in Gerry,s and home office websites, and if this is the new processes of informing the applicants.

It was a lot easier to understand if it was written that your visa has been granted, as I can see many people on forums they received these kind of "visa issued" emails when decision was made. But none of them yet received any email saying " the application has been resolved "

Kindly guide as we have booked confirm ticket for this Friday 28. We have to book before to sent this confirm return ticket with application.
Now I'm confused if she should move the ticket date forward or just keep it as it is? Just a matter of cancelling the ticket in case visa is not granted and have to loss big amount in cancellation.

when did u get passport bk and how they contacted you via telephone or msg?

ks12345
Newly Registered

Post by ks12345 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Hey there we recently had the same email and got told by the partner that it could mean either approved or rejected. But we got the visa after 5 days!!! Have faith in the system that's all I can advise... its hard but it will work if u follow the instructions!

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:11 pm

UmarSid wrote:
saeedusman wrote:Hi Everybody,

when did u get passport bk and how they contacted you via telephone or msg?
After 3 days. Just went after we got the status updated for collection.

Fays
Newly Registered

Post by Fays » Sat May 10, 2014 9:53 am

After 3 days. Just went after we got the status updated for collection.

What status & where ??? i also got the same email and waiting for my passports notification

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat May 10, 2014 10:29 am

Fays wrote:After 3 days. Just went after we got the status updated for collection.

What status & where ??? i also got the same email and waiting for my passports notification
Track your application on the Gerrys website. It will tell you if it is ready for collection.
Please update here if you been granted visa when you collect the documents.

Fays
Newly Registered

Post by Fays » Sat May 10, 2014 11:18 am

saeedusman wrote:
Fays wrote:After 3 days. Just went after we got the status updated for collection.

Track your application on the Gerrys website. It will tell you if it is ready for collection.
Please update here if you been granted visa when you collect the documents.

yes sure i will post it... Can u please let me know the link, i cannot find the track option on gerrys website.

Fays
Newly Registered

Post by Fays » Sat May 10, 2014 12:01 pm

found one on the website but it is not accepting the GWF no and status showing invalid number .. please need your help.

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi All,

Family visitor visa;

I submitted an online visitor visa form from UK on 22nd April 2014
Appointments at Gerrys office in Pakistan 25th April 2014
I had a call from HO on 5th May 2014 - checking if the sponsor is genuine

I have not heard anything after that, Hoping for the positive result

Regard's

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat May 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Fays wrote:found one on the website but it is not accepting the GWF no and status showing invalid number .. please need your help.
Track from Gerrys website, not from some other or google. There is another same website for tracking but is different. So go to Gerrys website and follow the track your application.

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:22 pm

saeedusman wrote:
Fays wrote:found one on the website but it is not accepting the GWF no and status showing invalid number .. please need your help.
Track from Gerrys website, not from some other or google. There is another same website for tracking but is different. So go to Gerrys website and follow the track your application.
Is it possible that you can post the link ..............Please????

Thanks

Fays
Newly Registered

Post by Fays » Sat May 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Gerrys linked site visadropbox.com has a link to track the application but it's neither working on gwf number provided nor the passport computer number. It's opening a link mentioning it's an invalid number. I submitted application for a visitor visa for 2 years on 11th April. They called my sponsor then verifications were done by them in the period of this one month. Got their email on 8th May after my interview on phone. There is no tracking link or SMS service available now after the changes they made on 1st April. Previously they used to have a computerised number printed on the passport receipt now that number is also not available on gerrys receipt.

The system they were using before was very good and simple but now they have hired a call centre type thing to answer the public queries and for that too they charge if u use calling or take web chat session with them. The third option available is the email to which they reply after 72 hours.

This is just one status update thing told by saeed usman sb that link is available. They are taking 3-4 weeks in replying or taking decision so please make travelling arrangements keeping in view the time they take now.

Please post the link here if u have tracked the application and also let me know thru which number u tracked ur application.

Regards

Faysal