ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA fam member, no Sch vis- plane from D, via F, to Algeria?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Schengener
Newly Registered

EEA fam member, no Sch vis- plane from D, via F, to Algeria?

Post by Schengener » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Hello,
Can anybody tell me if my Algerian partner with a British residence card through me, German national, can take a flight from Germany via France, Paris to his home country Algeria and back the same route? He has no Schengen visa and cannot get it so quickly, we are normally living in the UK, and would travel together to my family in Germany. For Easter. From there he would go to Algeria for a week, and he would take our little son (with German passport). On return, we would travel back to UK together.

Is that possible or not?

Would he encounter refusal or serious problems when entering France by plane to Paris, to take another plane from Paris? PParis to his home country?

Thank you for advise.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA fam member, no Sch vis- plane from D, via F, to Alge

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:42 am

How would he travel to Germany without a Schengen visa? Using the RC? (If travelling with you).

Will he have need to change airports in Paris or will he stay in the airside? He won't need a visa for the transit. See http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming ... sommaire_2. However he might have difficulties from the airline returning to Germany without you and without a visa although he should not need to have one (as travelling to to join you).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Schengener
Newly Registered

Re: EEA fam member, no Sch vis- plane from D, via F, to Alge

Post by Schengener » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:03 am

Hi thank you! He will be travelling to Germany with me which we have done in the past. But he will fly out of Paris, or possibly Marseille depending on availability of flights, and for that he may have to have to change from airport to airport. But we may then just choose flights to and from the main international airport so that he is staying in the transit zone.
It would de two different airlines, a budget one to France and Air Algerie to Algeria. On return, I would be waiting at the airport for him and our toddler son. That was an issue once where he came alone from the airport by train and I was at home. The federal police called to check and told me I need to be at the airport but that one time they let him go.