ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement - as per new rules

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maximux79

English language requirement - as per new rules

Post by maximux79 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 am

Hello, I wish to apply for Naturalisation (after HSMP + Tier 1 visa ) and wanted to confirm the following points.

1. For English language requirement, if one were on Tier 1 visas (& earlier HSMP), a print-out from PBS calculator confirming points for English language, along with original degree certificate (and/or letter from university confirming language of medium as English) should be sufficient?

Thanks

Somudro
Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement - as per new rules

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:03 am

You need:
1) LIUK
2) English Certificate (B1 CERF). If you have any degree from UK then this will work. Or UK Naric Certificate.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 pm

maximux79 wrote:Hello, I wish to apply for Naturalisation (after HSMP + Tier 1 visa ) and wanted to confirm the following points.

1. For English language requirement, if one were on Tier 1 visas (& earlier HSMP), a print-out from PBS calculator confirming points for English language, along with original degree certificate (and/or letter from university confirming language of medium as English) should be sufficient?

Thanks
Yes, that is sufficient as confirmed to me by the Nationality Operational Policy Unit at the Home Office when I was packaging my application. If in doubt, you can send an email to: KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Longhorn1

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks
longhorn1 wrote:
maximux79 wrote:Hello, I wish to apply for Naturalisation (after HSMP + Tier 1 visa ) and wanted to confirm the following points.

Thanks
Yes, that is sufficient as confirmed to me by the Nationality Operational Policy Unit at the Home Office when I was packaging my application. If in doubt, you can send an email to: KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Longhorn1