ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrested by police but not charged

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haidernchd
Newly Registered

Arrested by police but not charged

Post by haidernchd » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi

I am planning to submit my citizenship case in coming week on 3 years basis my wife is British citizen.Need help with the following problem

In June last year i had argument with my wife and went to my job. my wife went police station and filed a complaint against me. next morning i went o police station with my wife to get the complaint back but the officer said it has already been forwarded to there senior officer who will be here any time to take you in custody. i went to police station and was in custody for 3 hours ans was questioned by some one from local council. After taking to me they called my wife as and spoke to her and decided to release me with out and charge, caution or warning. As my wife is suffering from bi-polar disorder they already all the record of her from there own sources. My wife confess that she has filed false complaint and bcoz of her medical reasons they let her go.

My questions are

does my detention counted as arrest?
will this arrest affect my case even though there is no caution, warning or charge?

thanks for your help

Amber
Mood:

Re: Arrested by police but not charged

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 am

No it's not relevant for your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:48 pm

haidernchd wrote:Hi

I am planning to submit my citizenship case in coming week on 3 years basis my wife is British citizen.Need help with the following problem

In June last year i had argument with my wife and went to my job. my wife went police station and filed a complaint against me. next morning i went o police station with my wife to get the complaint back but the officer said it has already been forwarded to there senior officer who will be here any time to take you in custody. i went to police station and was in custody for 3 hours ans was questioned by some one from local council. After taking to me they called my wife as and spoke to her and decided to release me with out and charge, caution or warning. As my wife is suffering from bi-polar disorder they already all the record of her from there own sources. My wife confess that she has filed false complaint and bcoz of her medical reasons they let her go.

My questions are

does my detention counted as arrest?
will this arrest affect my case even though there is no caution, warning or charge?

thanks for your help
Yes you were arrested and taken in to custody but as all charges were dropped and you were released then it won't affect your application :) but it will show up on a PNC check.

haidernchd
Newly Registered

Post by haidernchd » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks for your replies

So it means it means i can apply without contacting police and requesting remove my records etc....

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 am

you can apply if you are qualified for BC. :)

Records on PNC are held for 100 years and its highly unlikely that they will remove your arrest record from the PNC, you can ask for a subject access report to see what record is held about you and most probably gonna come back with arrest and 'No further action' sort of result.

Forget that and move on as so many others who had such episodes have already come at terms with such nightmares. :)