ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply British Passport in India for child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulmane
Newly Registered

Apply British Passport in India for child born in India

Post by rahulmane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing great!!

I've apllied for British Passport in India for child born in India. I am british passport holder and my wife is on ILR.
I know it takes 16 weeks to process the application and my British Passport (yes Original) will be locked for this much period, but I wanted to do this adventure as I've got some spare time.

I am just wondering if there is anyone who has done this adventure recently? And how is it going with receivign any acknowledgement, getting charged on the credit card or any calls from BHC Delhi or any calls to their countersignatory?

My application is received by BHC delhi on 25th March 14. I'll keep posting how the progress will be made.

Thanks

hemachandra
Newly Registered

Re: Apply British Passport in India for child born in India

Post by hemachandra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Rahul,
You had an update from UKBA?
I would also need to apply for my childs first uk passport who was born in India.

Thanks

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Apply British Passport in India for child born in India

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 am

@RahulMane
I have same plans in future.. As you have exposure to this can you answer some questions for me please?

1) Does it take 16 weeks exactly or more ?? Are there any premium services which can speed up the process ?

2) Can your child come on tourist visa and apply for Citizenship while she is in UK ?

3)Can she not apply Indian citizenship now and come here to UK and apply for British citizenship ? is there any clause that the child should wait till 18th birthday ??