ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can all June applicants from India post here pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ikon1400

Can all June applicants from India post here pls

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 am

Hi

I applied for my hsmp(using a top HSMP consultant) from India.

Details below:

Courier pick up: TNT, 31st MAy
Reached UK : 02 June
Expected to reach HSMP team: 04 june

Can all June applicants post here with your details.??

Cheers
ikon

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 am

Good that you started this thread!

I am also about to apply this weekend.

So ikon1400 could you tell us what all docs you have submitted for your past income? I hope you are claiming for the period Apr06 to Mar07...

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Achtung,

Please find details below about my docs.

AGE proof :(20 points claimed)

1) Driving licence -original

Qualification:(30 Points calimed)

1)B.E Degree certificate - original
2)medium of instruction certificate from MAdras univ - original

Past earnings:(25 points claimed)

I claimed for period of March 2006 - april 2007

I dint have the payslip for the month of october, since i shifted my company that month.

1) march 2006 to septemeber 2006(7 payslips) - payslips signed & stamped(not in letter head) from company 1

2) December 2006 to April 2007(5 payslips) - payslips signed & stamped(not in letter head) from company 2

3)Earnings proof from Company 1 on companies letter head (sealed & Stamped) since salary credited dint have enough transaction details(this is optional)

4)Bank statemnts for company 1 from ICICI for period of 7 months.(on bank letter head, sealed stamped)

5)Bank statements for company 2 from Citibank for period of 5 months(on bank letter head, sealed stamped)

6)Letter from ICICI bank stating that salary was credited by so & so company with full details of transaction on letter head,sealed & stamped.(optional)

7) NOT SUBMITTED SARAL or ITR ( my only worry :oops: )

Supporting Documents:

1) Notarised Passport copies(only specific pages)

2) Letter from advocate mentioning the differnt names with which our docuemnts exist Ex: passport has full name , DL has only initial.so this letter from advocate will prove that all the names are one & the same(optional)

3)Covering letter with full explanation on what am claiming & what my document stands et.c(sorry i dont have a sample coz its from my consultant)

Payment:

took a DD of 400 Pounds from ICICI which is simple & easy..

Courier

Consultant used TNT which is quite good and has a good tracking thru online..

Rgt nw applciation is delivered to the HSMP team..hoping for the best.

If i had missed anything or you need anything specifc do tel me, i can help if i have any information with me.

Cheers
ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi All ... hi Ikon how r you??? ...

Thanks for your support on other thread I am not following that thread now.... but Thanks for ur help and support....

I have applied sent my application on 31st reached HO on 4th June thts today..

Please keep in touch everyone ...

cheers!!!
TWISHA

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi ikon1400!

Even I am waiting for my Form 16...
Don't know when I am going to get it...

Hi Twisha!

Did you submit your Form 16...
I am wondering if I can submit without it.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:41 pm

yes achtung ... i have submitted Form-16 and TAX return for 2007 - 2008 ...

If you can wait than please wait for ur Form-16 ... dont take chance

TWISHA

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi ikon,

I m also applying in mid-june. Me also waiting for form 16.

@ikon:
1.Can u tell me how did u manage to get the Letter from ICICI bank stating that salary was credited by so & so company with full details??

My bank statement doesnt have my company name. perhaps I also have to get the same letter from ICICI bank, bangalore.

2. Are you mentioning ur HR contact details in ur salary slips or letter from employer?

Thanks in advance..

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:14 am

Hi hsmp0804,Twisha,achtung

first my heart wishes for u all to succeed ths venture, infact even am waitg for the approval :P

1.Can u tell me how did u manage to get the Letter from ICICI bank stating that salary was credited by so & so company with full details??

----- I held a account for my prev comp in chennai , but currently am in Hyderabad..Still i managed to get one letter here in hyd luckily i shd say.Coz the branch where i approached had a good operations manager who had the template already with him. so i cud able to fetch it easily.My advice is prep a letter with all the details..give it to them & request them just to type the same in ICICI letter head...they wil do it if u ask them or request them

My bank statement doesnt have my company name. perhaps I also have to get the same letter from ICICI bank, bangalore.

--- Its better to get ths letter , coz many apps got rejected since source of income is nt convincing from the bank statemnet..Pls try to get it...

2. Are you mentioning ur HR contact details in ur salary slips or letter from employer?

----- Sorrry i forgot to mention about this letter in my prev post..I gave a letter with all the employers of mine, with full company address..specific contact person name/Phone/Extension no./email address.

Please give the contact who is existing there & intiamte them in advance so its better to avoid problems later.

hope this is enough and let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers
Ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:39 am

Hi Ikon ....

whts the news at ur end for HSMP applciation as mine is in paallel with urs and still CC is not charged ....

cheers !!!
TWISHA

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:49 am

Hi Twisha,

Hw ru?

My case is also quiet til now. Mine was a DD payment.

I was told that we get a mail from the HSMP team about the ref. no. in 2/3 days time after the delivery.

Please post here when you get any mail of this sort.

Cheers
Ikon

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm

@Twisha
I am still waiting for my ITR...hopefully I will get it this week...thanks

@ikon1400
Thanks for the wishes bro...hopefully we all get thru...hey one question for you...I am also planning to get this DD...because credit cards I felt are little unreliable...Sometimes these bank ppl may just simply stop the payment...Is it true that if u pay through DD it takes a little more time for them to process it?...I am not sure about this...plz comment...and is it easy to get this DD from our local banks...say for example HDFC...

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi ikon1400,Twisha,achtung
Hope you guys are doing well.

Its nice to see dat we all joined in the thread who r claiming past earning for the same period and applyin hsmp in the same month.

Well thanks @ikon1400 for answering my queries.I'll try to get the letter from my bank as well.

Cheers..

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:56 am

Hi Achtung,hsmp0804

Achtung, I was told for a DD payment it takes a day or two extra but its more relaible and trouble free..Mostly CC's are probelmatic.

U can get in ICICI within 7-8 hours the same day after applyin for it...You can make use of any friend who holds a account in icici bank also..Am nt sure about HDFC..I followed ICICI , since my frend got frm their and it worked well.

twisha, any updates on your application..i dint receive the ref no yet. :roll:

Cheers
ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi Ikon .... I dont know whats happening ... bcoz my CC is still not charged so there is no Q of getting ref number .... hoping that my CC works .... Whts ur status ????

let us know... take care

TWISHA

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi Twisha,

Even i am nt sure wts happening... :roll:

i am checking mails for the ref number , but still no information from them.. :oops:

Lets wait.. :idea: , i shal post here as n when i get some update..you too do the same..

Cheers
Ikon

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Hey guys need not worry...
when did the courier guys tell u that the stuff is delivered?

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:16 pm

hey guys!
i hav heard we dont need to submit original form 16 for ITR this time as rules have changed...
ikon,Twisha any comments?

im getting my form 16 this friday...how bout u Achtung?

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi HSMP0804 ....

I have given my latest ITR for tcurrent year and I have also provided my Form-16 to my company CA ... for filling ITR ...

Where have u read or heard about thi??? I dont think its true .... I have asked my CA as well ...

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Well please check the following links for your reference

http://www.hindu.com/2007/05/04/stories ... 750100.htm
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/2007/may/24tax.htm
http://ia.rediff.com/money/2007/may/03tax1.htm

and one of my frnd actully told that he is done with his ITR without submitting form-16(in Mumbai)

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:38 pm

@hsmp0804 I think this is for the current financial year 2007 to 2008...I hink for the last financial we still have to submit our Form 16....
I am still waiting for my Form 16...GOD knows when my employer is going to give it...They are testing my patience...Huh!

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:06 pm

I think may be its not required .... for ITR ..... but if you dont provide it then u will have to explain it to the case worker tht from this year its not required to submit form-16 ... and i guess its just making things more confused ..... but if you are not able to get Form-16 then its a different story .... then you might have to mention in a cover letter and explain things ....

In my case I have explained the TAX process in INDIA in a cover letter and that process is taken from the TAX Office site for india and the url is also given for reference .... if you want let me know ... I will give the format for that letter ....

cheers!!!
Twisha

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Twisha,

I agree with you. I have to explain the new ITR rules if I submit original form 16,which might confuse these guys.

well your last post says
"I have given my latest ITR for tcurrent year and I have also provided my Form-16 to my company CA ... for filling ITR ... "

Have u submitted the copy of form 16 and SARAL form for hsmp application?

n it would be nice if u share the letter as well.

@Achtung, we have to live with the system :-) so have to have the patience.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:37 am

Hi Guys,

Quite a few posts within a day on the ITR/form 16 issue.

For HSMP you can guys can still apply without Form-16 by having a properr cover letter. Its enough you provide your Sal slips, Bank statements & letter from emp in a proper shape.Really it works..

I mean its always safe to submit the proofs tat we have,but its not the only choice that we have to rely on...ultimately its again Case to case..For one it might wrk ths way & for other it wont..so as usual keep the fingers crossed(most freq phrase in this forum :lol: )

My case hasnt got any turn yet..delivered by courier on 04-june.

Cheers
ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:19 am

The Original form-16 is given to IT office india with filled IT Return form (which is new for this year and not called SARAL from this year onwards). You can download this new form from the IT India site.
Please see below the cover letter explaining Income Tax Process for INDIA (Max content is copied from one of the thread in this forum)

hope its helpful for you to explain like this ....

COVER LETTER

To,
The Officer,
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme,
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield,
S3 8WA

Dear Sir or Madam,

Sub: Explanation of Income TAX Process in India

With reference to the above subject, I confirm that the Income Tax Return I have submitted is the Original Document and would like to explain the procedure followed in India for Income Tax Returns.

1. At the end of the financial year (1st April to 31st March), the employer gives employee, a Form-16 which will have the details about the income received and the tax deductions made during the year.

2. Once Employee receives Form-16, he needs to fill up an Income-Tax Return form with his income details and submit it to the Income-Tax office along with Original FORM-16. The Income Tax Form needs to be filled & submitted in duplicate.

3. Once Income Tax Office receives the Income Tax Form, they validate the same and return the DUPLICATE COPY of the Income Tax Form with a Seal of Income Tax Office (ITO) on it, as acknowledgement and is considered as an Original Income Tax Return Document

Hence, in this case, I am submitting the Income Tax Form that I received (for the year 2007-2007) from Income Tax Department with a seal of ITO on it along with my initial application.

I am also attaching my previous Income Tax Returns forms for the year 2006-2007.

For any further clarification please visit http://incometaxindia.gov.in/ which is an official site for Indian Income Tax Department. This site explains the whole process in detail.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,
Twisha Bhardwaj

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:21 am

Ohhh I forgot .... IKON still no news ... adn still my CC not charged

Application delivered on 4th JUNE .. so you and me are in exactly same phase, things getting tensed...... all the best
TWISHA