ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Questions, help needed plz

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abby92

MN1 Questions, help needed plz

Post by abby92 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 am

Hello all,

I will soon be sending MN1 for 2 of my children both born in the UK as me and my wife both got ILR recently. I would appreciate if someone could answer the following questions.

1. I have looked at the application form and it appears that 2 children can not be included in one application form and there will be 2 forms for each of them. Is this correct?

2. Since the fee is discounted for 2 children, would it be ok to fill the payment slip with the total amount for 2 children and enclose it with both the application forms in one envelop? Or do we need 2 separate payment slips to be attached with each form?

Tried to find more information in FAQs but could not get an answer. Your help will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Questions, help needed plz

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:32 pm

abby92 wrote:Hello all,

I will soon be sending MN1 for 2 of my children both born in the UK as me and my wife both got ILR recently. I would appreciate if someone could answer the following questions.

1. I have looked at the application form and it appears that 2 children can not be included in one application form and there will be 2 forms for each of them. Is this correct? Each person/child who apploies need their own application form for Citizenship. So yes, you need two forms.

2. Since the fee is discounted for 2 children, would it be ok to fill the payment slip with the total amount for 2 children and enclose it with both the application forms in one envelop? Or do we need 2 separate payment slips to be attached with each form? One payment slip and both children's details on the form, one envelope is fine. You can use NCS to submit, then they will check and photocopy documents and submit the applications. This way you get to keep your passports and original documents.

Tried to find more information in FAQs but could not get an answer. Your help will be much appreciated
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi CR001, many thanks for your reply. much appreciated. Unfortunately where I live, my local council does not provide NCS service. Can I use another city's council for this? Also If I use them, will they require the attendence of the little ones?

another question please if you dont mind :)

If I send the application by post, do I have to send both my and my wife's original passports and BRPs or will the photocopies be acceptable?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:15 pm

You can use any NCS you like. If you send documents by post they must be originals unless certified by a solicitor or notary.
I am sometimes wrong.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks very much. Could you please also confirm if children need to be present at NCS appointment or one of the parents can take their applications and submit on their behalf?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 pm

I don't thinks so, but I am not sure. If you call NCS they should give you all the relevant info.
I am sometimes wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Children don't need to be present at NCS, you can submit the applications for them and you can use any NCS as mentioned already.

If you post the applications, photocopies of your whole passport and your BRP is fine to submit for section 1(3) applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Thank you all very much indeed. Much appreciated :)