ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr success in sheffield PEO 1/4/14 with traffic conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

itunuadelayo
Newly Registered

ilr success in sheffield PEO 1/4/14 with traffic conviction

Post by itunuadelayo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:16 pm

This is a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help over the years. We were granted our indefinite leave to remain yesterday at Sheffield PEO for my husband (main application) and I (dependant).

My husband had two traffic convictions one from 2007 which has been spent and another a CD10 in August 2012. He declared both convictions in his application form. Everything else was straight forward with one employer and no long absence.

Our appointment was at 10am, we submitted our documents and where told to come back at 11.15am. When we came back we had to wait for them to get back from lunch, after which we gave our biometrics and got our approval letter around 1pm.

In all it was a stress free experience and the staff were very polite and professional.

ssidd

Re: ilr success in sheffield PEO 1/4/14 with traffic convict

Post by ssidd » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello,

congratz. Traffic offence CD10 was recorded on your CRB?

Did you pay complete fee, when you book your date online?

Kindly confirm these.

Thanks
SIDD
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:15 pm

itunuadelayo wrote:This is a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help over the years. We were granted our indefinite leave to remain yesterday at Sheffield PEO for my husband (main application) and I (dependant).

My husband had two traffic convictions one from 2007 which has been spent and another a CD10 in August 2012. He declared both convictions in his application form. Everything else was straight forward with one employer and no long absence.

Our appointment was at 10am, we submitted our documents and where told to come back at 11.15am. When we came back we had to wait for them to get back from lunch, after which we gave our biometrics and got our approval letter around 1pm.

In all it was a stress free experience and the staff were very polite and professional.
Thanks for sharing ... This will surely help others who have driving convictions to know that it's not all lost but there is hope. Congrats guys enjoy your freedom

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Hello,

Traffic conviction and fine is not the issue, problem is whether these are recorded on CRB or not?

If they are recorded then 24 months are the threshold time.

Thanks
SIDD
SIDD

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:35 am

ssidd wrote:Hello,

Traffic conviction and fine is not the issue, problem is whether these are recorded on CRB or not?

If they are recorded then 24 months are the threshold time.

Thanks
SIDD
Hi Ssidd

Have you ever seen any case which was refused for ILR due to conviction being on their PNC ?

Just wondering how you are so sure about it

thanks

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello,

its ukba guidance which says that if conviction is on CRB then with in 24 months refusal is mandatory.

Sidd
SIDD