ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 extension academic progression

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anniej
Newly Registered

Tier 4 extension academic progression

Post by anniej » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:44 am

Hi everyone,

I have recently applied for an extension of my tier 4 visa.

I completed my LLM (Master of Laws) and have now applied to study an extended diploma in strategic management and leadership. Both courses are level 7 courses. I eventually want to work as a compliance officer that is why i have chosen this course, as I have studied the law and would now want to gain expertise in management and leadership.

My t4 sponsor has written this on my CAS for academic progression: Student has completed her LLM degree in Business Law. She is now looking forward to complete the Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership which will help her learn about leadership skills and develop a career as a compliance manager.

Can anyone advise whether this is alright or are there likely to be any problems? ;/

shaq1

Re: Tier 4 extension academic progression

Post by shaq1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 am

It should be fine. HO said as long as the new course is complementing the previous course and would help you to develop your career then it could be count as academic progress even though both of the course at the same level.