ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is he EU national?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sohail akhter

is he EU national?

Post by sohail akhter » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello all!!!

If a person in British national and is self employed in the UK for last 3 years. He is also self employed in Republic of Ireland for last 6 months. Is British citizen exercising his EU rights? Can he apply for his brother as EU dependent from Republic of Ireland?

Thanks

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: is he EU national?

Post by toofan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

not in uk but if british citizen is living and exercising treaty rights in Ireland than he/she will be classed as eu citizen .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Are you saying he is employed in the UK and at the same time is self-employed in Eire?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 pm

If he provides services in another EEA country even if the company is located in the UK/or any other EEA country I suggest you look up the Carpenter rulling http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 2000CJ0060

Carpenter C-60/00 [2002] ECR I-6279
Fundamental rights affect the scope and application of Community law. In Carpenter, the Court weaved principles of respect for family and private life from Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights into its analysis of the rights of Union citizens. It concluded that the right of a minor child to reside in a Member State under Community law brought with it a corollary right for his mother to reside there as well.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:25 am

Dear Casa

Yes, you are right, he is both self employed in UK and Republic of Ireland.