ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial review

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Judicial review

Post by Aadi.ji » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi guys,

I have change my mind and i m going to challenge HO decision by filling JR. Can you please tell me the procedure and cost of filling JR as i don't have a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Judicial review

Post by Aadi.ji » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Sorry I missed the last bit.

I would like respected gurus to comment on this. I have a refusal point of making application not on time. According to them i am a over stayer of 2 days.

My question is that is filling a JR would be beneficial for me? or should i consider myself making another application into some other capacity?

Your comments would be very very helpful for me. Please Gurus help me in this hard and crucial time i am facing right now.

Regards

INDIANBABE1
Newly Registered

Post by INDIANBABE1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:45 pm

I have just received my refusal this afternoon with no rights of appeal. This is my second application and they have denied it for the following reasons;
1. I have over-stayed over the periods of Feb-Nov 2013 (in which I did not as this was when I made my initial application and it was refused and went to the Tribunal) and in Nov 2013 I re-applied all over again. This was not taken into consideration at all.

2. the funds that were in my UK Lloyd's account were queried as they do not believe the funds were genuinely there for the business. I had supplied information on the transfer from Malaysia and all relevant documents but they did not take this into consideration.

3. They specified that my company does not have a website, which I have clearly specified with the full address details of it on my covering letter

4. They say me and my other business partner provided contradicting information during the interview, and this is a LIE. The person that interviewed me was so lazy and did not even write all what i mentioned to him at the interview and it only lasted 20minutes!!!! When asked if this is recorded, he said NO. My business partner was able to make his interviewer write down detailed notes when he realised it was not recorded but this did not impact in a positive manner at all!!!! (Now, because they are only dependent on what this interviewers write on a piece of paper I am not happy that the person can chose what they wish to write down) If it were being recorded there is strong evidence to show me and him were contradicting information BUT HOW CAN THEY PROVE THIS?

5. They are questioning the client we did a contract with, stating that the client we used does not have a permanent stay in the UK? How is it their business who we have as clients?

My question is what is my next step!!! I judicial review going to help me in anyway. I do not know any process and neither do I have a lawyer, as in my initial application I used a lawyer and he turned out to be a sham one!! Therefore I am requesting for someone to please advise me on what can I do next.....

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:08 pm

@ Aadi.ji, can you explain your situation from the start with full detail of what happen and why they stated that you overstayed?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Aadi.ji, can you explain your situation from the start with full detail of what happen and why they stated that you overstayed?
Hi Olasunkanmi.

Making long story short. According to them I should have send my application within 28 days. Section 3c or 3d. From the date which was stated on UT refusal. I got UT refusal on 11 dec 2013. Whereas i send the application within 28 days counting the days when i received UT letter (posted date.) i resend the application on 10th jan 2014. Received by HO on 13th jan 2014. Can you please elaborate did i not sent the application on time or not.

Regards.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:09 pm

@ Aadi.ji, You stated that you got UT decision on 11/12/2013 and submitted your new application on 10/01/2014 seems to me to be more than 28days.

You can try your luck for the JR.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Aadi.ji, You stated that you got UT decision on 11/12/2013 and submitted your new application on 10/01/2014 seems to me to be more than 28days.

You can try your luck for the JR.
I think Aade.ji counting 28 days from 13/12 2013.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

problemsolver
Newly Registered

Post by problemsolver » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 am

do anyone know that the count starts from the date the applicant receives the letter and not the date UT posted it. it is deemed to be 2 working days after the posting date unless proven otherwise by the applicant in case he received it later than 2 days after posting date.
kindly throw some light on this issue.