ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit - EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Static

Work permit - EU1

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Hello!

Anybody done this before where it's been positive....? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Someone said something about fast tracking but I can't find that post...

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I believe its not the EU-1 work permit
The only thing is that you will apply like a normal work permit.
I know the salary requirement is about 30 k

i am willing to find more info on this by calling ENTEMP on monday if anyone is intrested !

However i would like to be proven wrong !

lemon@lemon.za.net
Newly Registered

Work Permit

Post by lemon@lemon.za.net » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Two ways of going about it. One is the Work Permit and the other is the Green Card. Either one you need a job offer from a company and for the Green Card you need to either earn above 60k or between 30 - 60K for certain jobs.

Cost for either permit is 1000 euro. Currently the Green Card processing time is quicker than the Work Permit.

Hope this helps

Thnx

Charl

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Thanks Charl.. I have an offer of 38 000k and need to know nou wat nou? :D since the EU1 thing is taking so long and doesnt' seem to work out. :(

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Static go for it !!!
If you want

I personally wouldnt compromise on my rights. No NO to paying !
they will charge you 1000 Euro and then they treat people like dirt !

all the hastle that comes with it

Its too longterm plan !

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:59 pm

runie80 wrote:Static go for it !!!
If you want

I personally wouldnt compromise on my rights. No NO to paying !
they will charge you 1000 Euro and then they treat people like dirt !

all the hastle that comes with it

Its too longterm plan !
I dont' understand what you mean with it's too longterm plan? I don't think I need to pay as I am the spouse of an EU national??

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:00 pm

I think you wiill have to pay

as that work permit is totally seperate issue and have nothing to do with u and ur eu wife !!

some one correct me if i am wrong !

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:01 pm

I'll ring ENTEMP as well. How are your things gong Charl? You here yet?? I met another SA person this morning who's been here for 5 years. She says they came over on holiday, her husband got a job.. applied for a permit, got it and they've been here ever since! Now they're in the process of naturalisation.
Last edited by Static on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:03 pm

I called the DETE months ago about this. From what the guy said, this work permit for those waiting on an EU1 is merely a formality:

1. There is NO FEE. Do not let them convince you to pay anything, for either you or the employer.

2. There is NO MARKET TEST. There is no need for the employer to prove that there is no EU citizen available to do the job.

3. There is NO ADVERTISING required. There's no need for official FAS advertising of the post.

4. I didn't ask about a salary limit, but I don't think it should require a certain salary.

5. It should be fast-tracked. Insist on it. I asked the guy for a rough estimate of how long it'd take, months or weeks? And he said, Oh, a couple weeks.

I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it'll work. But the dude at the DETE sounded like he knew what he was doing, and seemed pretty certain on the details. Of course, he also insisted all this information on the DETE website, which is a crock of shite. Still, though, I also e-mailed them, just so I'd have this in writing, and the response I got to my e-mail was the same as above.

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:04 pm

runie80 wrote:I think you wiill have to pay

as that work permit is totally seperate issue and have nothing to do with u and ur eu wife !!

some one correct me if i am wrong !
You could be right. Either way.. I'll make a plan to sort it out. €1000 is totally ok when I'll be earning €3000 more than what I was per month.

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Platinum wrote:I called the DETE months ago about this. From what the guy said, this work permit for those waiting on an EU1 is merely a formality:

1. There is NO FEE. Do not let them convince you to pay anything, for either you or the employer.

2. There is NO MARKET TEST. There is no need for the employer to prove that there is no EU citizen available to do the job.

3. There is NO ADVERTISING required. There's no need for official FAS advertising of the post.

4. I didn't ask about a salary limit, but I don't think it should require a certain salary.

5. It should be fast-tracked. Insist on it. I asked the guy for a rough estimate of how long it'd take, months or weeks? And he said, Oh, a couple weeks.

I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it'll work. But the dude at the DETE sounded like he knew what he was doing, and seemed pretty certain on the details. Of course, he also insisted all this information on the DETE website, which is a crock of shite. Still, though, I also e-mailed them, just so I'd have this in writing, and the response I got to my e-mail was the same as above.
Thank you for posting this! Some ray of light :D

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:57 pm

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Static wrote:
Platinum wrote:I called the DETE months ago about this. From what the guy said, this work permit for those waiting on an EU1 is merely a formality:

I will only believe when i will see it in writing.You cannot believe "some Guy" as these "some guys" will not hold any value when you are snookered.

I will only believe when its in writing as "law" word of the mouth cannot be trusted. Justice department gave us 101 sugessions and none has worked

so be careful what u step into !

can anyone provide official link for this if its true ?

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:31 pm

runie80 wrote:
Static wrote:

I will only believe when i will see it in writing.You cannot believe "some Guy" as these "some guys" will not hold any value when you are snookered.

I will only believe when its in writing as "law" word of the mouth cannot be trusted. Justice department gave us 101 sugessions and none has worked

can anyone provide official link for this if its true ?
You know what Runie.. between you and my husband you have totally ruined my day. I have been going slowly insane for the past 9 months of waiting anxiously, never having enough money to provide for my children properly and living a sub-standard lifestyle. Now.. I get some ray of hope and people are all negative about it. I honestly don't even know why I bother. Why not be a bit positive if people are trying something?? Do you have any idea how much effort it takes just to wake up in the mornings let alone going out there and finding a job and taking a chance that you could actually be allowed to work?

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Just want to say my heart goes out to you Static. Big hugs for you! :(

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:02 pm

runie80 wrote:

We don't need that kind of attitude, Runie... Please spare us.

Nothing bad can come out of this, in the worst case things could be just like they are now, but knowing you really tried your best... And you'll always have more chances of succeding if you actually DO something.

Static, you have my support and simpathy. Don't let anybody get you down!
Florencia

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Static wrote:
runie80 wrote:
Static wrote:
You know what Runie.. between you and my husband you have totally ruined my day. I have been going slowly insane for the past 9 months of waiting anxiously, never having enough money to provide for my children properly and living a sub-standard lifestyle. Now.. I get some ray of hope and people are all negative about it. I honestly don't even know why I bother. Why not be a bit positive if people are trying something?? Do you have any idea how much effort it takes just to wake up in the mornings let alone going out there and finding a job and taking a chance that you could actually be allowed to work?
I am really really sorry static that you feel that way.My intention has never been to hurt anyone especially on this forum as we all are fighting a tough battle within ourselves.But i think sometimes its better to open the eyes and see the reality rather then walking with a blindfold looking for something which isnt there.

I know hope is a good thing.But positive and realistic hope.I am extreemely sorry for making you feel bad unintentionally.

If people are trying to be positive I am 100% with them.But I want real hope.I sympathize with your situation.
I know your situation is tough and with kids managing this all isnt easy.I have huge respect for you for this.
we all are underperforming than what we are capable of in our careers.

Our lives have been affected directly because of the Eu-1 decsion.
Uncertainity rules in our minds.

I am extreemely sorry for my opinion if it has hurt anyone.It was in no way my intention.

There is hope static.Dont worry i am veryhopeful that we will win the case.
But with regards to the false hope i still believe its better we all open our eyes and think of realistic options and not just waste our energy on something which is a deadend.

I asked for the legal text for the Eu-1 permit and so far there isnt any to my knowledge.

jack_in_the box

ATT STATIC

Post by jack_in_the box » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:22 pm

ATT STATIC:
Firstly, did you get the last PM I sent you about the Work Permit Application?

I've just gone through this, so I know how it works & not talking "secong hand".

When you apply for a work permit, all you need to do is attach a cover letter saying you are married to an EU National & supply a copy of your marriage certificate together with all other documents required as per the application form. Your work permit is then process/fasttracked, with no costs involved either.

I hope this helps! Good Luck!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:23 pm

If thats true its brilliant news indeed

Absolutely great news !

But why dont they mention this bloddy thing somehere ?

i will get info about this on monday ! and will report here

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks everybody.. If this works out.. we are having a big party and all of you have to come :) It will be a big celebration.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 pm

I am giving all party too if this worked for static :)

Everyone Invited !

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Wait, I am still confused. Did Jack_in_the_Box present some documentation of residency? When I looked at the work permit form (on the website that archigabe kindly provided) it mentioned EU residence or some sort of long term status. What about newbies who have never had a job in Europe?
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 pm

runie80 wrote:can anyone provide official link for this if its true ?

http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... ousals.pdf
http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... itform.pdf

Please read through both these documents.You can apply under the spousal work permit category as a EU Spouse.This has nothing to do with residency in European country or European work experience.The big difference between a normal work permit is
1.They assume you are already in the country as the spouse of a work permit holder/EU Citizen
2.No FAS advertisement needed.
3.No Fees to the Government
4.You or the employer can submit it with relevant infomation and signatures
5.You dont have to leave the country to apply for the work permit.
The hardest part is getting the job.Once you have the job, things will work out!

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 am

GOD IS GREAT!! Finally a ray of light Ill also call on monday. I hope this thing actually takes 2 or 3 weeks cause irish concept of a "couple" of weeks is certainly not so. Thx to all the people who provides information, we should totally support each other in every way possible. Im also slowly going crazy but hopes like this at least makes my day different and interesting from the others. On monday is officially my 6th month, and it looks itll take longer...register letters and faxes starting from monday... :wink:

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:04 am

I don't want to dent anyones hopes, but remember that you need a formal job offer, and that the employer needs to support the Work Permit application.

Unfortunately a lot of companies are not prepared at all to go through this. Very often as soon as companies hear the word work permit they are not intrested anymore. That's from my wifes experience, and she has a very good background.

Quite a lot of people on here were aware about this from previous discussions, but it seems noone yet managed to get a workpermit in this context or to convince a company to sponsor them.