ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN: which option to choose for Knowledge of language

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sard
Newly Registered

Form AN: which option to choose for Knowledge of language

Post by sard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm a dependent of a British Citizen and I have a Bachelors degree in Engineering from a non-english speaking country.
I have been following this forum and I gather that I can use PBS screenshots ( both 30 points for degree & 10 points for language) along with degree certificate and a letter from University to satisfy the Knowledge of English criteria, as I know that the PBS calculator is regularly monitored/updated by NARIC.

Please could anyone let me know which is the relevant option to choose on the form AN, if I use the PBS calculator printouts.
Also, let me know if this is not the right forum to post my Question.

Regards,

thatsy

Re: Form AN: which option to choose for Knowledge of languag

Post by thatsy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 pm

I think you could go for
"(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;" (Section 1.22 on Page 5)

I believe the print out is considered to be "confirmed" by UK NARIC as they update the website on a regular basis.

Please wait for others to respond though. I'm sure there are many people in a similar situation on these forums.

Good luck.