ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

consultant fraud

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hiji
Newly Registered

consultant fraud

Post by hiji » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

hi everyone, i had applied for investor visa on the advice of consultants. They prepared all the documents and arranged a sponsor. everything seemed alright at the time of application. After six months I got my visa refused due to fake documents. I was shocked and complaint against them in OIC. Now its nearly 2 yrs but they r still investigating and my JR adjournment is refused and had to appear in court for hearing. what are my chances to win JR and what will happen if i don't win? plz help

Amber
Mood:

Re: consultant fraud

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Were the documents actually fraudulent?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hiji
Newly Registered

Post by hiji » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 am

yes documents were fake as i found out later.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:16 am

Then you must have known that, if you didn't have the required documents where did you think they were coming from?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hiji
Newly Registered

Post by hiji » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Its a very long story but in short they arranged my meeting with sponsor's solicitor, prepared all documents, Made me believe everything is original. That's why I was shocked when I found out about fake bank statement.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 pm

To avoid confusion - the boards's anti-spam setting is automatically changing the word 'f a k e' to bad quality.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 pm

What documents were fraudulent?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 pm

hiji wrote: That's why I was shocked when I found out about fake bank statement.
Was it your or your sponsors' bank statements that were fraudulent?

Note that:
RFL4.4 What is a false document? wrote:You must refuse the application if you have evidence that a false document has been submitted even if the false document is not relevant to the application or your decision and even if the applicant is unaware that the document is false.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hiji
Newly Registered

Post by hiji » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 pm

It was sponsor's bank statement.

hiji
Newly Registered

Post by hiji » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm

]You must refuse the application if you have evidence that a false document has been submitted even if the false document is not relevant to the application or your decision and even if the applicant is unaware that the document is false

Well if that's the case then I have no hope to win. Its so unfair because the professional people who actually did fraud go free and the victim is assumed guilty. Even though I am trying my best to provide evidence.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 pm

If solicitors are using fraudulent documents then you need to report them to The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) who can take action including criminal action. I suggest you do this then write to the Home Office with proof you've reported them to the SRA and explain you were not aware of what they had done. Though technically you should check everything before you sign the declaration on the application.

hiji
Newly Registered

Post by hiji » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Actually the sponsors were from abroad and their lawyer was foreigner as well . later found out he wasn't a practiceing lawyer He was their person. I complained against them in oisc and send it to home office along with lots of evidences. I tried my best to verify everything before sending the application. I verified the bank account and statement through phone. I am not the only victim, there are lots of other affected people as well. But most of them send back to their home country by home office. So I can't contact them. And these fake/ fraud people are still here and earning lots of money. Wow what a justice....

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Sat May 17, 2014 10:28 pm

This is your fault. When you were going for Investor visa, what did you think this visa was asking for? and regardless of what the agent/consultant said, why were you paying him and what did he tell you?

Obviously it's your job to read policy guidance yourself as well.

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:48 am

hiji wrote:Actually the sponsors were from abroad and their lawyer was foreigner as well . later found out he wasn't a practiceing lawyer He was their person. I complained against them in oisc and send it to home office along with lots of evidences. I tried my best to verify everything before sending the application. I verified the bank account and statement through phone. I am not the only victim, there are lots of other affected people as well. But most of them send back to their home country by home office. So I can't contact them. And these bad quality/ fraud people are still here and earning lots of money. Wow what a justice....
And what's your situation now?

My case was also handled by an OISC lawyer but she had been doing her job smoothly and I got my visa without going through any interview. We should be careful in choosing a lawyer.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Sonheaven, please stop advertising your lawyer on this forum. This is against the policy of this forum.

Guys, I filtered through the past posts of this person. 95% of this person's posts (sonheaven) are about referring people to his lawyer. This person is probably himself lawyer/accountant posing to be a client and referring innocent people to himself to generate business.

Be ware.