ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 can I apply earlier than 5 years?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andresp
Newly Registered

EEA4 can I apply earlier than 5 years?

Post by andresp » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:22 pm

I've got a question, in 1 month time I will be able to apply for a permanent residence , but my question is, can i send all the documentation before the date of my marriage in order to speed up the porcess?, I will need to travel the first week of July, , do you think it is enough time, or they are going to do the same thing they do , keep my passport for six months, thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA4 can I apply earlier than 5 years?

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:10 pm

andresp wrote: before the date of my marriage?
What do you mean? Are you not married yet?

I would be wary of sending things in too early as they will hope to have some up to date info proving that your family member has been exercising treaty rights. It would be best just to apply closer to the day (not a month in advance). If they receive it too early they might reject it...that would be a problem and waste even more time.

You can always ask for your passports back. However, I'm not sure if you would definitely get your passport back in time...it's a little tight.

Hard decision to make. Can't you delay your travel plans or wait until you get back to apply for your PR?

yemco
Nigeria

Re: EEA4 can I apply earlier than 5 years?

Post by yemco » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 pm

andresp wrote:I've got a question, in 1 month time I will be able to apply for a permanent residence , but my question is, can i send all the documentation before the date of my marriage in order to speed up the porcess?, I will need to travel the first week of July, , do you think it is enough time, or they are going to do the same thing they do , keep my passport for six months, thanks.
U can send it, two weeks earlier should be fine.I sent mine two weeks earlier to marriage date and it was issued around 8weeks.