ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation docs and lost ILR Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JSCM2012
Newly Registered

Naturalisation docs and lost ILR Letter

Post by JSCM2012 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm

My wife is applying for naturalisation but has lost the ILR approval letter and there is no ILR stamp on her passport, however she does have the BRP card stating ILR. Is this card acceptable as evidence of no time restrictions, has anyone used only the BRP card?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation docs and lost ILR Letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 pm

it is only the BRP card that is needed, you dont need the letter and ilr is not put into passports anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JSCM2012
Newly Registered

Post by JSCM2012 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 pm

CR001 wrote:it is only the BRP card that is needed, you dont need the letter and ilr is not put into passports anymore.
Thanks for your reply, may I ask the basis for your views, are you qualified in immigration matters?

JSCM2012
Newly Registered

Post by JSCM2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 am

Has anyone tried submitting the application with only the BRP card and no ILR letter or is there any official guidance?

Thanks?

macmac
Newly Registered

Post by macmac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:41 am

BRP card is all you need to apply.

I applied in end Feb through NCS, without any issue.

Thanks
JSCM2012 wrote:Has anyone tried submitting the application with only the BRP card and no ILR letter or is there any official guidance?

Thanks?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am

The letter you received generally does not say 'your application for ILR is approved'.

The ILR BRP is the item that indicates your status of ILR.

A little bit of research on the forum will show you that the BRP is always supplied with applications, myself included when I applied in 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JSCM2012
Newly Registered

Post by JSCM2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks for replies. Immigration have confirmed BRP alone is ok although this is not stated in AN1 guidance.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Allow me to share my experience..If you have lost that letter then that is another case but you can actually use only that ILR approval letter to apply for Citizenship (no need to send BRP card - NCS will only send photocopy of it). In my case there was a difference of 3 weeks between the date on ILR approval letter and date on BRP card and I applied just after one year of date on my ILR approval letter and I had no issue. The date on ILR approval letter is the reference date to count your one-year restriction free period, not the date on BRP card.
Not all those who wander are lost...