ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved- Liverpool 25 April 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benneviss

ILR Approved- Liverpool 25 April 2014

Post by benneviss » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:35 am

Hi Guys ,

I am very much delighted to announce(or Shout) that my ILR has application was successful yesterday at Liverpool PEO .

Time line for ILR

Tier-1 in UK application - 2009
Extension - 2012
ILR- 2014

Income - Employment + Self Employment all five years .

Documents attached:-
Cover Letter
Set(o) form after 6 April 2014 (with fee sheet - fee paid before 6 April 2014 - no fee difference paid )
Point based Calculator - PDF
Earning :- Employer letter confirming Income + E- Pay slip signed and stamped by HR manager
Accountant's Report with Invoices explanations
Invoices
Self-employment registration with HMRC 2009 letter
NI demand notice
Bank statements ( High lighted Employment and Self -employment income , HMRC NI deduction )
Master Degree from UK ( Already provided with initial approval 2009 )
Life in the UK pass notification letter
Transcript for Master Degree
A letter from ex-employer for absence less than 24 days in only one year

Experience at PEO :-

Very friendly staff .

They allowed me to enter 1 hour before my appointment time .
First, token was given and asked to sign front page of a letter ( read all immigration rules , application is within 28 days etc. )
Asked to take a seat with a new token number.
After 15 Minutes she called out my number .
Lady at the desk asked me to submit all documents ( I provided her with my originals + a set of Photo copies )
She handed over my passport back and asked me to wait for a Bio-metric.
I show that she then handed over my documents to a case worker after 20-25 minutes and she started working on my file exactly one hour after my initial entry in to PEO . Liverpool PEO has very good sitting arrangement and you could see what is happening with your file . They have open plan office and you just sit few feet away from a case worker's desk.

Within five minutes a case worker called me and asked me about my Bio-Metric , when she realised that I still have to do my Bio-metric , she asked me to go for it , my token was called out for a Bio-Metric , I came back within five minutes . I sat just opposite my case worker and kept eye on her to judge her expression while she was dealing with my documents .

I noticed that she quickly went through my file and noted down few things on her pad and computer . However, she carefully checked and telly my income in salary slips, invoices and accountant reports with my bank statements . She completed everything in 55 minutes and kept originals and photocopies in separate folders( provided by me) and forwarded my file to a senior case-worker . However , in these 55 minutes she had a talk ( gossips , chocolate sharing etc. , normal office stuff) with her colleague.

It appeared to me that a senior case worker already had 3-4 files and he was very slow . He sat on my file for 30 minutes and then asked for help from another senior worker and gave my file to him . The first senior worker did not open my file.

Second senior worker then dialed a number and was on phone for almost 15 minutes . I became little nervous that whom did he call and why was he taking long on phone ? He put his phone and opened my file . At the time I realised that the phone was not related to my file .

He looked at the page prepared by a case-worker . Then he went to collect papers to print , made a photo copy of my passport , printed out page ,collected both folders and called out my token number and said my application was successful . He then asked me to sign a letter . What a great relief!

Actual minutes taken by a senior worker to work on my file 3-4 minutes .

Overall - case worker and senior case-worker took less then 60 minutes to decide my case and to hand over me a decision .
However, I came out almost after 2 hours and 50 minutes of my initial entry in to PEO . The delay caused by the staff , I think it was inevitable and could have happen in any public office.

Other observations :-

I noticed that each and every case is decided by two people , a case-worker and a senior case- worker . I observed that all case- workers handed over files to senior to look over before handing over decisions .

Additional -

Please take all additional documents along with you , if you require to clarify anything . I saw that a case-worker told one guy that his case would be pending for some query . The guy asked questions, provided few documents and tried to clear all queries. So, she again gone over the file and gave him a positive decision.

It appeared to me that they called you to clarify any doubts if they have in your case , so it is always good to go with all necessary documents like employment history etc.

I am now moving in to Naturalization forum , however should you require any info , or wish to discuss any my post on ILR board please PM me.

Thanks again and Good Luck to all.

hsr1972

Re: ILR Approved- Liverpool 25 April 2014

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:09 am

Congratulations !! Thanks for sharing your experience ... , I have a query as you are saying you are self-employed at the time of applying for ILR , During Self -employed have you been absence i.e outside uk ? If Yes what do you need to specify in the reason of absence in the Set (O) form. I've been to india for 30 days during self employed i.e 3 years back and currently I am full time employed and i have employer letter covering absence for remaining days . Kindly clarrify the same....what should i specify in the form for the reason of absence for 30 days during self employed ?

hsr1972

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 am

Congratulations on your ILR.

Can you please share the format for the Absence Docs (Letter from current employer, Letter from previous employer) that you used?

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks for your wishes

I was employed + self employed , so I took a letter from my employer for my absence . If you are only self employed then I guess you just explain in your cover letter .

I used the same table printed on Set(O) form .

On top my employer wrote that

" I was employed by him and I availed my annual leaves while I went abroad "

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks for your response . So you are saying if you specify in the covering letter stating the Travel Date from UK and Date Return to UK and "Reason of absence " as " Visiting Family " and Total Number of Days for those days which I was self -employed which is similar format in SET O form. Kindly let me know is this fine . I have read in this forum you need only absence proof for those which is Work Related absence only.

Thanks,
hsr1972

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 pm

You are right my friend , you only require to show only work related absence however I put it anyway to just on safer side.

My all holidays were leisure and family visit .
hsr1972 wrote:Thanks for your response . So you are saying if you specify in the covering letter stating the Travel Date from UK and Date Return to UK and "Reason of absence " as " Visiting Family " and Total Number of Days for those days which I was self -employed which is similar format in SET O form. Kindly let me know is this fine . I have read in this forum you need only absence proof for those which is Work Related absence only.

Thanks,
hsr1972

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 am

Congrats mate and welcome to the club :)

I had a great experience at Liverpool PEO too. I disagree with your observation that every case is referred to a senior case worker. My case was not referred to anyone apart from the only one case worker who worked on my file right from the moment it was handed over to him by the clerical staff till the the moment he shouted my token number and gave me the decision. As you know my case was also emp + self emp and the case worker only took 15-20 minutes checking the documents and another 10 minutes making copies as I never provided any. I did not see him doing any calculations of income etc but that all depends on how well experienced the case worker is.

The best thing is that you got a positive decision on the same day for which you paid extra so a moment of celebration :)

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:41 am

congratz bennivess

I had almost the same experience as you where the case worker took almost an hour to process my simple case (no self employment - only 12 month pay slips and 12 statements in single employment). I was also looking at the case worker who was working on my case. Nothing special thing I note about them apart from they were keep looking at my docs and entering into the computer.

The main caseworker finished the worked and hand over the file to the old lady whom I initially submitted my docs), and I agree she took a long time to give the decision back. She was busy in chatting with fellow employees, and going here and there. Then I finally saw her opening my folder and then got busy in looking after my docs and again entering something in the computer. The more time she took my anxiety was at its peak, and I was constantly praying. Then after about 10 mins I saw her going to printer to get a print, and then she called me (my token) and asked me to verify the address to which the biometric cards will go, and that tells me all....I signed the letter, collect the docs....and then the celebration started for me ....!!