ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

important

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

summaya
Newly Registered

important

Post by summaya » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:51 pm

is there any legal requirment that partner should join you within some time frame after getting visa from pakistan?as one partner is in uk and all legal matters(business) are on proper and right way..but one partner is not in uk because of some reason?sooooo....... :cry:

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: important

Post by MTZ510 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 pm

summaya wrote:is there any legal requirment that partner should join you within some time frame after getting visa from pakistan?as one partner is in uk and all legal matters(business) are on proper and right way..but one partner is not in uk because of some reason?sooooo....... :cry:
You will be safe if you meet the minimum residency requirement and other UKBA requirements like registering a new business in UK within 6 months, investment and creating jobs.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm

so you mean that there will be no problem for my partner to come now?

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:53 pm

summaya wrote:so you mean that there will be no problem for my partner to come now?
can't comment about your partner without knowing how long he has been out of UK.
What i wrote in my previous reply was meant for you.

you have to study the extension requirements in policy guide. if you meet the requirements then its fine.

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:56 pm

yeah.i am asking for my partner...we got visa in oct,13....now my partner my is ready to come insha ALLAH?So..its almost 6- 7 months....?

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:56 pm

yeah.i am asking for my partner...we got visa in oct,13....now my partner my is ready to come insha ALLAH?So..its almost 6- 7 months....?

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 pm

please anyone reply????????????? :(

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Please correct me If I am wrong as long as you guys have registered your company business within 6 months of getting your visa. It is debatable that he was doing something related to business , it depends how he satisfy the officer on that day. Wait for more comments from the senior members.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:50 pm

sindhoo wrote:Please correct me If I am wrong as long as you guys have registered your company business within 6 months of getting your visa. It is debatable that he was doing something related to business , it depends how he satisfy the officer on that day. Wait for more comments from the senior members.
What about 180 days rule?
its confusing but definitely manageable.

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:51 pm

180days rule????can u explain that plz?

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm

summaya wrote:180days rule????can u explain that plz?
The main attributes for extension are investment of 200K or 50K which ever applicable + creation of 2 jobs.
But the applicant is allowed to stay out of UK for maximum 180 days in a year.

I don't know whether an applicant seeking extension and also meeting the main attributes requirements can be refused extension because he/she was outside UK for more than 180 days.

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

180 days a year outside country is same attribute like investing 200/50k + creation of 2jobs or HO might refuse to extend stay citing lack of active participation in business acivity....listen to other expert advice too

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

we got visa in oct ,13.i moved to uk in dec and then afterwards registered company nd all other matters.but my partner is not able to join me till now bcoz he has to complete some imp matters back home.now he is almost ready to come here.?

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Darvesh wrote:180 days a year outside country is same attribute like investing 200/50k + creation of 2jobs or HO might refuse to extend stay citing lack of active participation in business acivity....listen to other expert advice too
Right.
But can we defend the absence as compelling reasons or business related visits etc etc ?
I mean one can manage the excess absence by giving some logical arguments. What you say ?

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm

180 days leave start once u start ur initial visa(if coming from abroad). in ur case as ur husband hasnt yet arrived after getting visa so it may get him into some problem at airport(IO will question him alot to get satisfactory answer about coming so late after getting visa).

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:19 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
Darvesh wrote:180 days a year outside country is same attribute like investing 200/50k + creation of 2jobs or HO might refuse to extend stay citing lack of active participation in business acivity....listen to other expert advice too
Right.
But can we defend the absence as compelling reasons or business related visits etc etc ?
I mean one can manage the excess absence by giving some logical arguments. What you say ?

i dont think the problem will at the time of extension however coming very first time here. he gotta convince IO at airport for such a long absence as within 6months visa clearnce person should arrive.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 pm

summaya wrote:we got visa in oct ,13.i moved to uk in dec and then afterwards registered company nd all other matters.but my partner is not able to join me till now bcoz he has to complete some imp matters back home.now he is almost ready to come here.?
I believe your partner case is manageable, remember the 180 maximum absence rule is from date of entry in UK. Your partner will need some good consultant at the time of extension.

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:18 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
summaya wrote:we got visa in oct ,13.i moved to uk in dec and then afterwards registered company nd all other matters.but my partner is not able to join me till now bcoz he has to complete some imp matters back home.now he is almost ready to come here.?
I believe your partner case is manageable, remember the 180 maximum absence rule is from date of entry in UK. Your partner will need some good consultant at the time of extension.

FAO,summaya-
u need to ask ur partner to make way asap to avoid further implications at airport.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Guys sorry I am still confused are we talking about life partner or Business partner , please make this clear first. Thanks

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm

We are discussing Team Member.
sindhoo wrote:Guys sorry I am still confused are we talking about life partner or Business partner , please make this clear first. Thanks

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

we are discussing about business partner,team member,entr partner :roll:

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Not everything is under control of human being,there is a lot which is beyond of control.so he should be ready to answer his long absence but the good point is that one team member has already travelled to the UK and has completed the mandatory stuff within 6 months.He must provide such evidence of his personal circumstances which prevented him to travel to the Uk together with you or soon after you within 2/3 months.This will help him during extension as well.

180 days rules apply to him when he lands in the UK.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 pm

No matter what your partner is going to do, I strictly advise him not to travel through Heathrow Airport.

He's better off coming from some other country (such as Ireland or France) to avoid harsh questioning.

180days per calendar year rule is not applicable on your partner as this will imply only if he has already made first entry into the UK.

Overseas applicants get 3 years + 4 months of entry clearance visa. That 4 months is given specifically for person to make travel arrangements.

If not possible, one has to give a very strong and credible reason (such as immediate family member's demise OR urgent medical care). & when that person is travelling back to the UK, they must carry documents to support such claim (at the immigration desk at port)

summaya
Newly Registered

Post by summaya » Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm

thanku to everyone who reply..:)