ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which location to apply for passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizindon
Newly Registered

Which location to apply for passport

Post by rizindon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello,

I am hoping you guys can give me some advice.

I am a UK citizen by birth and my wife is a Indian national.

We are currently in the process of awaiting a response to her settlement application (4 months no response).

We have just had a baby girl today and i was wondering she qualifies for a British passport through myself will I be able to apply here in the UK for a passport or will have to return to India and apply from there?

I spoke to UKBA call centre in Croydon today who said I can apply from here but when i do the questions online for eligibility it says i need to go India and apply at the British high commission which could take 6 months!

Please advise.

MP1982

Re: Which location to apply for passport

Post by MP1982 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:44 am

Are you a naturalised British Citizen (from your post I beleive so). So if one of the parents were settled (ILR or naturalised) at the time of childs birth you should be able to apply for Childs British passport viz post office checking service. You will have to send your Childs full brith certificate and proof of your British Citizenship (British passport etc.)

------------------------------------------------

This is my knowledge on the matter from what I have read only and should not be substituted for any legal or Professional advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which location to apply for passport

Post by CR001 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:22 am

MP1982 wrote:Are you a naturalised British Citizen (from your post I beleive so). So if one of the parents were settled (ILR or naturalised) at the time of childs birth you should be able to apply for Childs British passport viz post office checking service. You will have to send your Childs full brith certificate and proof of your British Citizenship (British passport etc.)

------------------------------------------------

This is my knowledge on the matter from what I have read only and should not be substituted for any legal or Professional advice.
The OP has clearly stated
I am a UK citizen by birth
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.