ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MOST URGENT SOS PLEASE HURRY UP BEFORE I LOST MY SLOT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

razi.khan

MOST URGENT SOS PLEASE HURRY UP BEFORE I LOST MY SLOT

Post by razi.khan » Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 am

Hi Guys
I have booked my appointment for ILR at Glasgow 8th of May. I am on Tier 1 PBS. I have to show salaried 80%, and 20% Self employment. I saw 2011 experience in the forum states that they don't treat Self employed. Is it true? Pease reply urgently as I have my three dependents also.

Thanks

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Re: MOST URGENT SOS PLEASE HURRY UP BEFORE I LOST MY SLOT

Post by smartkhan » Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 am

They do treat self employed but they may take long to make decision as they sometimes do extra verification for self employed.

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks a lot Smartkhan. Is somebody would like to share his/her experience.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:59 pm

I dont know what the current situation is at Glasgow but last year my friend went there for his ILR (Emp + Self Emp) and they refused him saying they dont deal such cases. They offered him to accept his application as postal (with postal fee) and to be forwarded to the back office case workers in the postal applications section but he did not accept it. He then straight away booked an appointment at Sheffield PEO and got his ILR on same day.

I kept this in my mind and when I was booking my ILR appointment this year, I avoided Glasgow as I am also emp + self emp. Please share your experience if you decide to go there. Good luck

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Mon May 05, 2014 8:57 am

Shahjee Thanks
Please how can I confirm about it. Any other senior member? Amber Smart Khan Please

razi.khan

AMBER SMART KHAN PLEASE URGENT

Post by razi.khan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Any commernts

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Mon May 05, 2014 2:51 pm

I don't have experience of Glasgow PEO. According to rules if one PEO is accepting such application then other PEOs should accept too. If for some reason you are confused then book the appointment in next nearest PEO.

Choudhry
Newly Registered

Post by Choudhry » Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 am

smartkhan wrote:I don't have experience of Glasgow PEO. According to rules if one PEO is accepting such application then other PEOs should accept too. If for some reason you are confused then book the appointment in next nearest PEO.
Hi dear friends,
I went to Belfast last month for my Tier1 G ILR. Staff of peo Belfast are very friendly and they are very good. I had lot of apprehension about my absences and self employed income. But they did not do any verification or there was no fuss. It was approved in a total of one hour from in to out. Then i booked again for my wife and two daughters after another two weeks( i did not book it together since i was not even 50% sure about the approval of my case and did not wanted to loose £5600 as fee) it again took not more than an hour and all done.
Please note that they did not even ask me or my family a single question. I will by all means recommend all my friends to book a peo appointment at Belfast which are readily available.
Best of luck.

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Tue May 06, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks a lot Chaaudery. I have just called at PEO Glasgow and they confirmed that they deal all kind of cases, i.e. employed and self employed. Big relief

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:54 am

how did the renewal / ILR application go?

leobond143
Newly Registered

Post by leobond143 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi there,

I am in same situation,
i want to book my self employed ILR application at Glasgow as I live here.

I am about to book my premium appointment, Could you share your experience please i.e did Glasgow PEO accept your self employed application?

many thanks
leo