ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor - Fees for Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

*FC*
Member of Standing

Family Visitor - Fees for Parents

Post by *FC* » Mon May 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Dear users,

I am a naturalised British Citizen and I have invited my parents who live in India to visit me for a period of 2 months. This is their second visit to the UK and I am planning to get them a visa for 2 years since they plan to take a few holidays in UK in the next 2 years.

I have done the online application on the Visa4UK website on behalf of my parents for a long term 2 year Family visitor. On the application, the main applicant is my father and we have clearly mentioned on the form that my mother shall also accompany him to the UK. However, on the payment page the system is only charging the equivalent of £300 when I expected it to charge £600 for both my mum and dad.

Can you please advise if I have done something stupid on the application ?! Or is that how it is? :oops:

Many thanks!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Family Visitor - Fees for Parents

Post by MPH80 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:18 pm

You have to do two separate applications where on both you cross reference the other.

E.g. application for father - mention mother accompanying AND application for mother - mention father accompanying.

That 'accompanying' question just says who else is going - it could be the other person already has a visa!