ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROPERTY inspection report for SPOUSE visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NiceCareing

PROPERTY inspection report for SPOUSE visa application

Post by NiceCareing » Thu May 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi All

I live in a 1 bed room flat totally alone. Would i need property inspection report from council (Fees £90)? or I can get a lanlord letter which include property details and no objection? would it be OK? Do i need to get this letter certify from Lawyer?

Kindly Your guidence would be apperciated.

Thanks

Nice

WR1

Re: PROPERTY inspection report for SPOUSE visa application

Post by WR1 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

In my opinion, probably best to get a report from a independent party.

The report doesn't have to be from the council, it can be your local estate agents (they will charged a lower fee, mine only charged me £60).

Reason being is that they will include a statement that there is no overcrowding in relation to the Housing Act 1985 in order to satisfy the accommodation requirements.

I know its seems overboard for a single person in a one bed flat, but for a small fee, it gives you a peace of mind that you have satisfied the accommodation aspect of the application.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri May 09, 2014 8:31 am

IMO you don't need it.

85 East

Post by 85 East » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Would a report from a chartered surveyor be acceptable?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:39 pm

BertMula wrote:Reports provided by Estate Agents aren't acceptable and must be from an approved person.
And your source is?

Reports provided by estate estates are perfectly acceptable.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

scoobydoolondon

Post by scoobydoolondon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:33 am

I'll shortly be applying for FLR(m) as my wife was initially on the 6-month Fiancé Visa.

Can I reuse the property inspection report I used on the Fiancé visa application? We're still living with my parents but the property inspection report is dated from Feb 2014 - is there a maximum time limit on how old the documentation has to be?

Thanks

diversity

Post by diversity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 am

BertMula wrote:Yes, reports from fully qualified surveyors are the best way to go about it as they are a lot cheaper than the Council. I know of a company if you would like to check them out
Moderators I think this is spammer...selling services here....People beware... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

diversity

Post by diversity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 am

scoobydoolondon wrote:I'll shortly be applying for FLR(m) as my wife was initially on the 6-month Fiancé Visa.

Can I reuse the property inspection report I used on the Fiancé visa application? We're still living with my parents but the property inspection report is dated from Feb 2014 - is there a maximum time limit on how old the documentation has to be?

Thanks

scoobydoolondon

Post by scoobydoolondon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:34 am

So what's the verdict, is it possible to use the 5-month Property Inspection Report for the FLR(m) visa application?