ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

break in long residence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zee1
Newly Registered

break in long residence

Post by zee1 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm

HI,
all my appeals refused and have no further right of appeal. my 10 years will be in 20 September 2014. now my solicitor saying that my continuity was broken since last November as all my appeals are refused by the courts. so if I apply now under private life right they will not consider it due to break in long residence period. is that true or any alternative I have to spent more 3 months to file my ILR under 10 years rule. please help ASAP

passion5

Re: break in long residence

Post by passion5 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:18 pm

also try Judicial review, plz speak to a good lawyer, refusal of appeals does not make u illegal or break the time ,u make one more case as a judicial review,,,i would recommend go for judicial review in HIgh court that will take 7-8 months and u will be in September, THEN U can with draw ur Judicial review and apply for ILR,,,GOOD LUCK

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 am

@ zee1, what stage is your appeal. If its UT refusal then you can go to court of appeal to complete your 3months before your ILR.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

zee1
Newly Registered

Post by zee1 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:57 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ zee1, what stage is your appeal. If its UT refusal then you can go to court of appeal to complete your 3months before your ILR.
it was UT but he didn't give me right to go for court of appeal, not even to apply for permission to appeal. so it was an 'exclusive decision' :(

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat May 17, 2014 11:25 am

Your continuity continues during appeals, you must make an application within 28 days of the UT decision, otherwise it'll be in vain.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zee1
Newly Registered

Post by zee1 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Amber_ wrote:Your continuity continues during appeals, you must make an application within 28 days of the UT decision, otherwise it'll be in vain.
I am not sure which application I can make now. I consulted many solicitors here but they say the judge has already considered my 'private life' option and now there is no valid point left. my previous solicitor did not make a proper case.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat May 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Then perhaps FLR(FP) and making a 'proper case'.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.