ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question re wife's application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dchugh
Newly Registered

Quick question re wife's application

Post by dchugh » Tue May 13, 2014 8:44 am

Hi All

I have received my naturalisation certificate but I will not be applying for a british passport until the end of June as I am travelling in the early weeks of June.

My wife is eligible as she has been in the country with me for 3.5 years now but does she need to wait for me to get a passport or can she apply based on my naturalisation certificate?

Many Thanks
D

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Quick question re wife's application

Post by shahid2000 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 am

dchugh wrote:Hi All

I have received my naturalisation certificate but I will not be applying for a british passport until the end of June as I am travelling in the early weeks of June.

My wife is eligible as she has been in the country with me for 3.5 years now but does she need to wait for me to get a passport or can she apply based on my naturalisation certificate?

Many Thanks
D
Passport is just a travel document, your certificate makes you a BC. Your wife can apply on the basis of your certificate.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 am

shahid2000 is correct!

In section 1.34 of AN form, your wife needs to declare partner's nationality (i.e. your's) British, date when you were granted BC and your citizenship certificate reference number.

dchugh
Newly Registered

Post by dchugh » Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks both, very helpful.