ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Ceremony - how many people can you invite?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anoushka80
Newly Registered

Irish Citizenship Ceremony - how many people can you invite?

Post by Anoushka80 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi,

I was granted a citizenship, got my approval letter 24/04/2014, three months exactly after applying for it.

The date of citizenship ceremony has not yet been given, but given circumstances in the Department of Justice, it looks like end of June/early July 2014 earliest.

My question is for people who already went through a ceremony. How many people can you invite for a ceremony? Is there any limit?

Thanks,

Anoushka

agniukas

Re: Irish Citizenship Ceremony - how many people can you inv

Post by agniukas » Wed May 14, 2014 12:18 pm

One guest only

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed May 14, 2014 3:52 pm

One guest allowed

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 pm

One guest allowed alright but you can have up to 4 guests/family since there is no system in place there to check guests.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Anoushka80
Newly Registered

Post by Anoushka80 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 pm

I wrote an email to citizenship in Justice, they wrote: One guest per applicant is recommended. I am planning to have three people with me. I suppose it depends on capacity of Convention Centre where a ceremony takes place and on how many applicants will be invited for an oath.

silvermoon
Newly Registered

Post by silvermoon » Mon May 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Anoushka80 wrote:I wrote an email to citizenship in Justice, they wrote: One guest per applicant is recommended. I am planning to have three people with me. I suppose it depends on capacity of Convention Centre where a ceremony takes place and on how many applicants will be invited for an oath.
I suppose :
1- I am not sure why would someone seek advice about regulations when he/she is clearly not gonna follow them.
and
2- NO .. it does NOT depend on the centre capacity or how many applicants , they could have stated that .
finally
3- Even if only half of them are "planning to have" extra guests then do not be surprised to see applicants struggling to find seats for themselves.

Have a nice ceremony

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue May 20, 2014 10:06 am

Only 1 person with the applicant is allow to enter, but if you bring a complete football squad with you? i bet they will be waiting for you outside the stadium till you finish the match.

"Take Note"