ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query on 2nd Tier 1 Extension....!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Urgent Query on 2nd Tier 1 Extension....!!!

Post by coolsats » Sun May 18, 2014 10:00 am

Gurus,

Am going to apply for my 2nd Tier one Extension next month. Would be great if somebody can clarify the below doubts: I have scanned the forum but could not find any concrete results.

1. Am an IT contractor and the director of a Limited Company. My company year ended on 31st March 2014.
Is it mandatory to file my company returns and pay corporation TAX before attending the PEO appointment for my extension?
Any possibility they may reject my extension if I do not file my returns now.

2. I have scanned the forum but could hardly find any success stores on 2nd Tier 1 extension for limited company people.
Is home office not giving the decision on the same day for the limited company directors?
Can somebody pls point me to some success stories if possible.

Regards...

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Query on 2nd Tier 1 Extension....!!!

Post by sts96508 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:13 pm

1. it is not mandatory. but if you do so you make a favourable impression which can help in getting same day decision.
2. my 2nd extension with Ltd company income only was approved same day. salaried income with a small amount as Ltd company to make the points is scrutinized the most.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:08 am

@coolsats
how much money difference does it make when operating as own Ltd company or via Umbrella?
I guess its easy to go for visa when operating through Umbrella company?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 am

Its easy to apply for visa as LTD company too. You can earn around 5% more as LTD company, but there is no hard number for comparison purposes due to the many variables involved.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks @sts96508, but i asked since many LTD company directors are having hard time with UKBA, while never heard same from contractors operating via Umbrella.
Can you answer another hypothetical question? can i get ILR on same day as LTD company owner/director? or are there any complications involved?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice