ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Clearence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Immigration Clearence

Post by Sodireland » Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 am

Question folks

What would happen if 2 irish citizens My wife and i both arrived to Dublin airport with newly adopted baby from Philippines,we would have all paper work to prove ie birth cert etc,

my question is if we arrived with just Philippine passport for the child with no visa what would immigration do can they deport the baby,

dalebutt

Re: Immigration Clearence

Post by dalebutt » Sat May 24, 2014 10:55 am

How do you plan to get the baby on the plane from the Philippines to Ireland? That is your first hurdle. Would the adoption be legal in Ireland?

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:55 am

The immigration at the airport in the philippines will not allow you to take the baby without a visa.
If the adoption is legal you should be able to get the baby an irish passport from the irish consulate in the philippines.

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Post by Sodireland » Sun May 25, 2014 2:17 pm

The adoption is totally legal of course conducted under hauge convention rules and regulations,
Just confused as to best options to take our baby home

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun May 25, 2014 4:04 pm

It is not about the adoption being legal, it is if the adoption complies with the Irish requirement, then getting a passport should be relatively easy.

The process involved in intercountry adoption is governed by protocols set out in the Hague Convention. Firstly, the Adoption Authority, or an agency accredited by the Authority for such purposes, submits the intercountry adoption assessment report and the declaration (together known as an Article 15 report) to the Central Authority or an accredited agency in the country you wish to adopt from.

Matching a child with your application is done in the country of origin of the child. When a match is made, the Central Authority or accredited body in the country of origin of the child sends a child-study report (Article 16 report) to the Adoption Authority or the Irish-based accredited body. The report will normally contain a background report on the child, the birth-parents (if known), medical history of the child and proof that consents, where applicable, were obtained in the required manner and format.

If the Adoption Authority is satisfied with the suitability of the match, it issues a consent to the placement of the child with you (Article 17). You will be informed and asked whether you wish to accept the child. If you wish, you can travel to the country of origin to see the child before making your decision. Either way, you can change your mind up to the time you adopt the child.

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Post by Sodireland » Sun May 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Thank you Dalebutt

My wife is a Philippines citizen and the child is a relation of my wife (niece)
We have adopted the baby under local domestic adoption in the Philippines as my wife has been living there for for the past year or so we are entitled to adopt the child as under Philippines rules which are governed by Hague convention

I spoke with the adoption authority ice and there not sure how this will play out as not in their book

That's why I am confused as this is our daughter with our name and we have all the paper work in order

What do you suggest please

Thsnkyou.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun May 25, 2014 5:18 pm

It appears you have gone about this the wrong way, you need to contact the Adoption Authority of Ireland asap for indept information, adoption isn't as clear cut as you may think, there are rigorous test to pass in Ireland as well as the Philippines before it will be legally acceptable in the state.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun May 25, 2014 5:25 pm

You may also like to contact the justice department that deals with immigration clearance side of things in adoption cases. INISfadopt@justice.ie .

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Mon May 26, 2014 2:37 pm

its better to go through proper route get all the papers done for baby bofore you bring to ireland it will avoid any hassel . and any ways airlines would not let you bring child without visa too.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>