ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved, PEO Croydon (Ltd company director)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Santui
Newly Registered

ILR Approved, PEO Croydon (Ltd company director)

Post by Santui » Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm

I am one of those who is silently following this forum & benefited from advises of some senior members!!!

here are my details:

initial visa applied: 06-Mar-09 (requested that time to give me visa from 06-Jun-09)
Initial visa valid from: 06-Jun-09 to: 06-Jun-12
First Entry to UK: 02-Sept-09 (89th Day)
Extension applied: 24-Apr-12 (at Croydon PEO)
Extension granted from: 06-Jun-12 to: 06-Jun-14
ILR applied, granted: 24-May-14

Documents I submitted:

Set O application form,
LIUK Pass notification letter
last 12 months payslips
Quarterly dividend vouchers in last 12 months
Accountant letter stating my position in the company, salary, dividends breakdown, accountant registration number
last 12 months bank statements (Personal & Business Banking both)
PBS calculator showing my degree exists in the database
company incorporation form
recent tax receipts showing tax paid to HMRC by limited company
passports
biometric card
last 12 months invoices, client contracts

My appointment is at 8:50, however I reached there by 8:20. Due to few people booked the appointments - I have been directly sent to fee payment counter to verify my payment, then to register my details. the person who registered my details told that I will come under self employment and my application will take longer than expected due to lot number of checks to be done on my application, on hearing that I am stunned and surprised, but later I thought he is not a caseworker and doesn't matter with his views about my application. with in couple of mins I have been called to another counter for bio-metrics. by 8:50 all the formalities have been completed and I have asked to wait in cafeteria until my number is called. at around 10:00 my number is called and a lady who is returning my documents told that your application is approved :D and we will send you biometric card in 7 days.

checked the approval letter and everything looks fine.

a total of 35 days in 5 yrs I have been outside UK - I haven't submitted any cover letter for them

hsr1972

Re: ILR Approved, PEO Croydon (Ltd company director)

Post by hsr1972 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Congratulations ...for your ILR , So are you Selfemployed at the time of applying your ILR? During Self employed have you been out of country having said this did you provide any absence Evidence letter as long as you are within 180 days in 5 years ? Kindly share your suggestions.

hsr72

Santui
Newly Registered

Post by Santui » Sat May 24, 2014 2:23 pm

I am under impression that i am not self employed and also absence evidence letter is required for those who have been in salaried employment and out of country for more than 180 days. others not required.

I havent submitted any

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Thanks for the response ..then your are not applied under self employed category then which category you have applied ? ...In my situation is I was Sole trader for 3 months in 2011 and during that period i was out of country for 30 days ...so in that case do i need to provide any evidence or can i just mentioned as holiday in the application form. Kindly give your input.

cheers
hsr72

Santui
Newly Registered

Post by Santui » Sat May 24, 2014 4:51 pm

I don't think you need to provide any evidence for 30 days out of country.

I applied in employment category

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks for swift response ... From Oct 2011 I am permanent employee since 2010 as a salaried person and again in 2011 for 3 months self employed as i said in my previous post I was out for 30 days and then onwards from October 2011 i was permanent employee for new company so i have absence letter from them and in total i am 80 days out of country till now . So as you suggest if i can just mention as " Holiday" for the self employed period (30days) is that fine and for the others I can say " Annual Leave " ? Kindly suggest me and do the needful.

hsr72

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 am

Congratulations!!! Did you submitted any additional certificate for English Language from UK NARIC that you medium of instruction in degree was English?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun May 25, 2014 10:58 am

Santui wrote:I am one of those who is silently following this forum & benefited from advises of some senior members!!!

Congrats. Will you be able to share the format of the accountant letter (either here or PM me).

Many thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Santui
Newly Registered

Post by Santui » Sun May 25, 2014 5:12 pm

@betterlatethannever: for English language I just showed only my degree, university from Tier-1 self assessment PBS calculator. other than that I haven't showed anything.

@UKBALoveStory: here it is

Subj: Proof of income for Mr. xxxxx

This is a to confirm that xxx accounting solutions are acting as accountants for xxxxx Technologies ltd. which was incorporated on dd/mm/yyyy under the laws of united kingdom with registration number xxxx.

Mr. xxx is the sole director, employee and 100% share holder of xxx Technologies ltd and is active in day-to-day management of ltd company. Mr xxxx earns remuniration from the company in the form of salary and dividends and is entitled to the current retained earnings of the company.

During the period of April 2013 - Mar 2014 Mr. xxx earned a gross salary of £££££. A complete month by month salary breakdown is shown below

Salary table:

Date, Gross Salary, Tax, national Insurance, Net salary

During the period of April 2013 - Mar 2014 Mr. xxx earned a gross dividend of £££. and net dividend of ££££

Dividend table:

Date, Gross dividend, Tax credit, Net dividend

if require further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully
Accountant name (FCCA)
Registration number
accountant
for and behalf of xxxx accounting solutions ltd.

my accounting company is not registered in any of the UKBA authorized agencies, however my accountant is a member of ACCA therefore I have taken printout of her name from ACCA website.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Santui,

Could you please answer my previous query what exactly should i mention in the application when you are out for 30 days during Self employed as sole trader in application ? Is if fine if i mention it as " Holiday " or Personal Leave.

cheers
-hsr72

Santui
Newly Registered

Post by Santui » Sun May 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi Hsr,

I have written "Family Visit" for all my leaves, so it doesnt matter if you write holidays, personal leave

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks as lot for your swift response and much appreciated.

cheers
hsr72

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 am

Thanks Santui :)
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon May 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Thanks a lot Santui

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

[quote="Santui"]I am under impression that i am not self employed and also absence evidence letter is required for those who have been in salaried employment and out of country for more than 180 days. others not required.

Hi Santui first of all many heartily congratulations to yo and your family.
My case is almost exactly similar to yours. I was granted Tier-1 general entry clearance on 07/07/2009 and I entered UK on 18/08/2009. Extension applied on 23/06/2012, granted on 11/09/2012. I'm also a Limited Company Director drawing monthly salary and dividends and I'm about to apply for my ILR soon. I've only one question if you can help me with. Did you self certify your absences from the UK. All my total 108 days absences outside the UK were for business trips. Do I need to provide any explanation about my absences.
If you get some time kindly reply.
Many thanks.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Any help if you can.
Thanks.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:41 am

Hi,
with regards to your comment

"recent tax receipts showing tax paid to HMRC by limited company "

Do you mean corporate tax return document or self assessment return document ?

Santui
Newly Registered

Post by Santui » Fri May 30, 2014 7:29 pm

@nsuk -- You mentioned that 108 days out of uk in 5 yrs on business trips, if you are claiming points on income from the business trips in last 12 months then you need to show the proof of your earnings, else you can mention the corresponding dates and reason for your travel in set O, section 6.2

Yes my absences are self certified -- As they are unpaid holidays

@bond.boy203 -- My limited company taxes are paid through direct debits set by my accountant, they have sent me couple of direct debit screenshots. so I have kept them as a proof - I also checked in my business banking account about the same and the dates are matched.

Actually my accountant has set the direct debit of corporation tax in 2 installments, by the time I went for my ILR I have paid only one installment.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks my friend.
NSUK

Adviceseeker1984
Newly Registered

Post by Adviceseeker1984 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Santui,
I am in exactly your situation.
Can you please confirm if they check your client contract and conditions around it, e.g. insurance? Did you give any extra documents?

Thanks