ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Bank Statements

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

HSBC Bank Statements

Post by aby00156 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I have an HSBC account. I had ordered bank statements to show them in my visa. To my surprise the statement is on a A4 paper without any official stamp or seal. I took that to the local bank and asked them to stamp it but got refused as they said that's the original statement and they are not authorised to stamp as its not in there procedure.

My question is if I submit that statement which I got posted from the bank, will UKBA accept it ?
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

msohailsarwar1
Mood:

Re: HSBC Bank Statements

Post by msohailsarwar1 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:01 pm

yes if its on hsbc letter head than it dont need stamp, the stamp is only required if you print it out online. thats original statement and ukba definitely accept it.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Re: HSBC Bank Statements

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Sun May 25, 2014 4:01 am

190. Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period:
The most recent statement must be dated no more than 31 days before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account.
For applications received before 1 July 2014, the balance must always be at least £3,100 or £900 (as appropriate), covering the 90 day period before the date of application.
• For applications received on or after 1 July 2014, the balance must always be £3,310 or £945 (as appropriate), covering the 90 day period before the date of application.
All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless you are submitting electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points (ATMS)).
If you wish to submit electronic bank statements these must contain all of the details listed above.
In addition, you will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from your bank, on the bank’s headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you have held enough funds for the full period needed.
Source : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf