ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Malik44

English Language

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Apologies if this questions has been asked before
I have Master In Commerce (M.Com) degree from Pakistan and have UK NARIC letter of comparability and also have letter from Institute that Degree was taught in English.
UK NARIC confirms the degree is equivalent to Ordinary Bachelor Degree of UK.
UKBA points Calculator awarding 30 points as qualification but it didn't showing 10 points for English language assessment.
Now my question is from seniors members if I provide these documents in ILR in coming few weeks
 Original Degree Certificate
 Letter form Institution that degree taught in English
and
 UK NARIC Comparability statement not UK NARIC English Assessment as I know they gave me negative result means "The English level is not equivalent of C1 level of CEFR."
''Is these documents should suffice against B1 ? can anyone give me some confirmed answer as I am worried because home office calculator awarding 30 points for qualification but didn't awarding 10 points for English language.''.
Anyone who got approval at same scenario please reply.

Malik44

Re: English Language

Post by Malik44 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Seniors members please ?

oliky
Newly Registered

Post by oliky » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 am

I was given a 24months leave rather than an indefinite leave because i had an esol english language level 2, they requested for a level 3. However they requested for a level 3,i need to sort this as soon as possible. Will a masters degree program done in the UK suffice or must i do the esol level 3 and then book a same day PEO application.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:27 pm

HI You need UK NAric's English Assessment letter. This letter will say both the english level and the degree level. Advisable to go for that. Also submit only degree certificate and not the masters. So your Bcom Degree certificate should be sent to UK NAric. UK naric only gives English assessment on bachelor's degree. As PBS is not showing you the required points for english for Masters its is better u get UK NAric's English assesment letter.