ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Solihull ILR not processed same day due to IT issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssr

PEO Solihull ILR not processed same day due to IT issues

Post by ssr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:29 am

Hi,
We had an appointment at Solihull PEO y'day for ILR.Our appointment was at 9:50 and we were there at 9:00.The case was registered and biometrics was taken before 9:30 and we were told to go out and wait for their call.Everything until this point went fine and we went to the town centre and waited for "the call".We were told that it would usually take about 2-2.5 hours and when it was well past 3 -4 hours we started panicking.We went back to the PEO and were told it may take longer depending on the individual case and were told to come back when we get their call.There was nothing unusual about our application so I was getting worried with each passing moment.We didn't get any call until 3.00 pm and we decided to go back and enquire again.We had the same response as our previous one.One lady at the reception was kind enough to go inside and check and she told us the delay could be because of IT issues they had in the morning.So we went back and waited and at that point we were really losing our patience.It was well past 5:00 pm and finally around 6.00 pm we received the call- only to be told they couldn't complete the application due to their IT issues and was asked to go to PEO.When we reached there we were told the same thing about the IT issues and they appologised and gave a letter to the effect that they are sorry for the inconvenience caused and the problem was beyond their control.Also, we were told we will receive a call from them today and the documents will be sent back to us by special delivery.We haven't had any call from them yet.So my question to fellow members here is , has any of you had a similar experience and if you had did they follow through quickly? More importantly, how long did you have to wait?

Thanks

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: PEO Solihull ILR not processed same day due to IT issues

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 am

For every incompetency they blame IT.... Don't panic mate ... Fingers Crossed you will get the decision soon ..
*please do not take this as professional advice**

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 pm

I would really be interested to know if anyone else had a similar experience and how long it took for them to finally get the decision?

Thanks

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm

There is a special topic for this if you bother looking on top of this forum, called PEO deferred applications

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Well that topic is specifically for applications deferred where further checks were required or additional documents were required.I did go through that before I posted.This is a case where they couldn't process the application due to problem with the systems they use.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:32 pm

I had similar issue in 2012. I went for an appointment on Thursday and I was told they are experiencing IT issues and that they will let me know once the systems were back up and running. On Friday the case worker called me and told me my visa was approved and that he sent a letter confirming it via Special Delivery Saturday delivery including my original documents.

Hope this helps.

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks a lot and it's reassuring to hear that.Was it in Solihull as well?

ssr

Post by ssr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Just received a call from PEO to inform us that it's been granted and the documents will be posted .And that's such a relief :)

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:49 pm

No it was at Sheffield. Anyways you are sorted. Congrats :)

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I told you Don't panic :) ... I can understand its a big relief ... Many Congratulations :D:D
*please do not take this as professional advice**