ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry into UK on Indian passport after Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

melvinaveen
Newly Registered

Entry into UK on Indian passport after Naturalization

Post by melvinaveen » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 pm

I have applied for British passport, which hasn't arrived yet. However I need to travel to India on business on my Indian passport (I am within the 3 months grace period) and I don't see a problem to enter/exit India. However to renter into UK, will my Indian passport+ILR be sufficient to get through UK border immigration assuming I carry my naturalization certificate.

This might sound like a repetitive question to some, however I couldnt find a similar thread, hence posting this query. Thank you for a brief answer

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Entry into UK on Indian passport after Naturalization

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:11 pm

melvinaveen wrote:I have applied for British passport, which hasn't arrived yet. However I need to travel to India on business on my Indian passport (I am within the 3 months grace period) and I don't see a problem to enter/exit India. However to renter into UK, will my Indian passport+ILR be sufficient to get through UK border immigration assuming I carry my naturalization certificate.

This might sound like a repetitive question to some, however I couldnt find a similar thread, hence posting this query. Thank you for a brief answer

Yes you can enter into UK claiming your ILR status without any issue.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 pm

melvinaveen wrote:I have applied for British passport, which hasn't arrived yet. However I need to travel to India on business on my Indian passport (I am within the 3 months grace period) and I don't see a problem to enter/exit India. However to renter into UK, will my Indian passport+ILR be sufficient to get through UK border immigration assuming I carry my naturalization certificate.
Don't you have to send your Indian passport with your UK passport application?

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Holding Indian Passport / acquiring Indian Passport / travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties.

The date on the Naturalisation Certificate will be treated as date of acquiring foreign nationality and not from the date the British Passport was issued.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/surenderind_pass.html