ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier4 to set LR application before decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

tier4 to set LR application before decision

Post by AMirAbbasi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:23 am

Hi everyone
i applied as tier 4 and after 2 months my 10yr long residence is due.
im planning to submit my LR application 28 days before my 10yrs due and before the decision of my tier 4 application
as i dont want to risk the decision on my tier 4 application
but on the SET LR form when it comes to not submitting the passport along the application there are only 3 options which are
1. lost 2. stolen 3. expired returned for renewal. no option that its been sent to HO.
my friends lawyers told me i cannot submit my set LR application without passport it will be refused.
and asked me to wait for the decision say if they refuse then they wont return my passport anyway so im very confused
kindly suggest me what to do ?

thanks for reading.
Amir Abbasi

khan_81
Member of Standing

Re: tier4 to set LR application before decision

Post by khan_81 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:51 am

Your friend lawyer is wrong.
Yes you can vary your Tier 4 application into Set (LR) application. All you need to do is to write a detailed covering letter about varying of your application and explain that HO has not yet decided your case on your initial application so now you are eligible for ILR so you varying your application and also write that the reason you are not submitting your passports and biometric residence card (if any) because your have outstanding application with HO.
I have varied my application into ILR this march and HO acknowledged my variation.

I think you don't have to wait and send your application as soon as possible. With addition to ILR application an covering letter, you need to send life in the uk pass certificate and English degree/ certificate to claim language points.

If you do need explaination or help, pm me and I will be happy to do that.
Regards

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:08 pm

thanks for your reply brother.
so its ok to apply for LR 28 days in advance while my tier 4 application is still with HO.
i got valid IELTS and Life in Uk test.
now the covering latter what main points should i write in it.
thanks for your advice.

khan_81
Member of Standing

Post by khan_81 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi
I just sent you PM.
Check it plz

Regards

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:15 pm

thank you so much ill check it later tonight.

greenvilla

Post by greenvilla » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am

hi brother Khan
Thanks for providing valuable information to the board members. Can I ask you 2 things about vary application?

1.Did you pay the fee difference when you applied for variation of leave or you paid full fee again and asked for refund previous fee?
2.Can we vary our application 28 days before we qualify for 10 year residency?

Please clarify these two queries because i am sailing the same boat and applying ILR shortly.

Thnx :roll:

greenvilla

Post by greenvilla » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Can some experienced board member answer my queries please?
Is anyone out there?

THNx :roll:

joanie

Post by joanie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:32 am

khan_81 wrote:Your friend lawyer is wrong.
Yes you can vary your Tier 4 application into Set (LR) application. All you need to do is to write a detailed covering letter about varying of your application and explain that HO has not yet decided your case on your initial application so now you are eligible for ILR so you varying your application and also write that the reason you are not submitting your passports and biometric residence card (if any) because your have outstanding application with HO.
I have varied my application into ILR this march and HO acknowledged my variation.

I think you don't have to wait and send your application as soon as possible. With addition to ILR application an covering letter, you need to send life in the uk pass certificate and English degree/ certificate to claim language points.

If you do need explaination or help, pm me and I will be happy to do that.
Regards
Hi Khan_81
What is your update now? Did youget your ILR? What was the visa category you varied your application from? Did you vary your application before or after submitting biometric ?
Regards Joanie